• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sports Med. (1 Viewer)

seagull6815

HSC
Hey dudes and dudettes...

Im doin an assessment on Sports med (playing with injury, and, use of drugs) and i'm in a bit of a pickle....

For playing with injury,

Critically analyse policies, which regulate when players are allowed to return to sport.

Analyse the protocols in sport for the use and administration of painkillers and how the regulations differ among sporting bodies.

and for Use of Drugs,

Critically analyse what level of competition drug testing should be introduced, what drugs should be tested for and the consequences of using a prohibited substances to engance sports performance.

ANYTHING will be great, everything little or big, thank you! :) :) :)

seagull6815

HSC
thanks Without Wings for that information :):):) will be useful...but i think i may need help wtih just one of the questions...

"Critically analyse policies, which regulate when players are allowed to return to sport."

i just dont really understand what it's asking....whether its about the sports facilities, coaches policies, medical policies, or just plain rules about the sport..

thanks will come with any information to help me with this...

seagull6815

HSC
Sports Med policies...

HELP!!

im havin some trouble with a question for my assessment....ive looked around and nothing seems to be the rite answer..

"Critically analyse policies, which regulate when players are allowed to return to sport."

thats the q...im not exactly sure wot its asking...whether its about the facilites, coaches, medical practitioners, or the athlete.....plz help!!
anything will be greatly appreciated!!

dsnoozi

HSC
Re: Sports Med policies...

im thinking that the assessment is pasted?!
but..
sports policies are things like:
- even competition (eg; same age, height, weight)
- rules and codes
modified rules
that kinda stuff!! ull find it in ur text book...once uv done that you gotta pick a sport like soccer and analyse and critique it in regards to the policies in place...
this means give pro's con's and ur opinion from the results
JD

boris

Banned
HSC
Re: Sports Med policies...

seagull6815 said:
HELP!!

im havin some trouble with a question for my assessment....ive looked around and nothing seems to be the rite answer..

thats the q...im not exactly sure wot its asking...whether its about the facilites, coaches, medical practitioners, or the athlete.....plz help!!
anything will be greatly appreciated!!
Critically analyse policies. Keyword policies.

The assignment is probably well due, but for anybody else...
It's not asking about facilities, coaches or medical practitioners. It's asking you to find a policy that regulates when players are allowed to return to sport (after an injury). You're then asked to critically analyse this policy. If you look at the glossary you'll see what analyse means. When you're asked to critically analyse something, you're asked to pull it apart and write about the pros of the policy, the cons, the implications, recommendations, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)