• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sports Science vs Pharmacy (1 Viewer)

Yulanda

HSC
I'm struggling deciding my Uni major now.. Anyone know if I haven't done any physics through out yr 11 and 12 and Physics is a nightmare for me.... Is that going to affet my ability of styding Spots schence???

And it's soooooooo hard to decide between pharmacy and sport science.... Anyone could talks something about these two subjects???:confused::confused:

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carlytse621

HSC
Pharmacy Vs Commerce for me~
yea....can anyone talks about pharmacy here???
BTW, I think u post the thread in the wrong site.....

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Don't worry about what you have or haven't done in high school when deciding what to do in Uni.
It's stupid to change you want to do just because you haven't done some high school physics. You can take bridging courses at Uni anyway..

chocolate7

HSC
N/A
Not many jobs in sports science, but uni prob wont mention that until after you start. (a few jobs in aged care, some in gyms or hospitals for rehab but not many compared to the number of students doing the degrees) Lots of pharmacy jobs. Pharmacy doesn't just get you work in a local chemist, lots in research, pharmaceutical companies, drug trials, regulatory affairs .I know several students who have done well in sports science course and are unemployed or employed doing waitressing or working at rebel sports . Some of them decide to do teaching afterwards which is good, some want sport science as a step into physio if they didn't get the UAI for physio. Good luck with your decision and exams.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I do pharmacy. And I will warn you right now if you're doing it only for the money and/or job opportunities, you're sadly mistaken. I had a most unpleasant surprise today to find out that there are 500 graduate pharmacists based in NSW for this year's intake (double last year's), and the number of vacancies available have stayed roughly the same. The market is soon to be saturated with pharmacists if it isn't already, so unless you're prepared to go rural, there's virtually no employment opportunities left in Sydney.

But having said that, if you're still interested, good on you. Now, for your actual question, physics is not required for pharmacy--we don't even touch it. Pharmacy can be thought of in 3 stages--first year is basic science subjects which any science student will do, second year is medical sciences, third and fourth year have more practical placements. Don't hesitate to PM me if you'd like more info :)

danz90

HSC
Pharmacy's a really good course, if you ask me (I'm currently in first year @ usyd). I like the profession as well - with the BPharm degree its pretty flexbile: you can go into many directions like community, hospital, pharmaceutical industry, government(eg. TGA, but much harder). Many people complain that there's so much, and TOO MUCH to learn in the BPharm degree, but most people compare the amount learned to what's needed in community pharmacy - they forget that the degree also prepares people for other Pharmacy related jobs, not just community pharmacy.

If you wanna be a healthcare professional - go Pharmacy.
If you see yourself in a finance-y job, then go Comm I guess. Don't forget, there is a whole sector of PHARMACOECONOMICS in pharmaceutical companies!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)