• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

SRC and the prefect body (1 Viewer)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Who is part of the SRC or prefect body?
Just wondering wat events u are organising this term and throughout the year.
This term our school is organising a krispy kreme fundraiser, a sunscreen fundraiser and a school dance. Over the year we really want to review the current peer support system and make some changes. Just out of interest do u guys have peer support systems in ur school? how does it work? any ideas would be great

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i was on the src for ages

we had lots of 'discos', we would make a couple of g's from each one..
we had one a term

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
- i used to be in the src.. we only really organised the src dance which made like 5 grand... we were supposed to have all this other stuff but never got around to it
- we have a peer support system in our school.. there are about 30 year 10 people who have groups of like 8-9 year 7s.. and they have meetings once every 2 weeks and they show them around on their first day and stuff..
we also have junior homeroom liaisons, who are a like 28 year 12s who each have a homeroom to visit every monday.. i dunno trying to interact grades or something.. im one and i have year 8.. they r cute so i give them lollies hehe

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
OOOOO

me me me me!!

I am in the SRC this year, just started yesterday actually...l'm really happy about it too.

We are doing charity work, as well as work for our school environment and raising money.

The Bograt

boredofuni
HSC
I'm no in the SRC but we have good discos, we also had a krispy kreme fundraiser which went really well.
Someone bought 20 boxes of 12 doughnuts or something.
At the moment we are raising money to sponsor a red panda.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i'm a prefect....

not too many things goign on this term besides yr 6 touring our school, new aprents to the school meetings, we still have our regular aseembly duties, we still bust people for truating smoking etc heheheh oh and this term we have also been invited to other schools prefect afternoon teas....i'm goign to NSBHS next week

olay

HSC
jello :) i've been on the src for bout 4 yrs... co-secretary this yr :) whoo. and prefect for the past 2 yrs. the krispy kreme fundraisers are champion by the way. this term for src we're doing this massive fundraiser thing where we get dozen hot cross buns [did we're selling choc chip hot cross buns too :D sweet] from baker's delight. They're selling it to us for $4 when at the shops they sell it for $6-8? [or sthg like that] so yeah, we get the profit for that. Anyway....proceeds go to... *drumroll.....* AIR CONDITIONING!!! :D [our school get so dayum hot in summer :S]

our yr 11's take yr 7 peer support. thats pretty cool. and at our school theres 2 small classes for ppl with learning disabilities. its pretty cool, we get to spend a lesson with them helping out and stuf, and we just started this thing where they send 2 reps each meeting. :)

did any of you guys go to district src? and do ur schools do spirit wk?

on the prefect end, this term we have yr 7 bbq and yr 7 dance. :D and the usual ushering for presentation night blahblah... :)

that red panda thing is really kooL :) and 20 boxes of 12 donuts?240 donuts. :S *Heart attack*.

/edit: have u guys heard of the thing that the guys that run 'Crush' do for school dances? pretty sweet arse deal.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
The last disco/school dance thing we had was back in year 7 or 8 and no one went so they stopped bothering.
And we have yr 11 peer suppoot people, do the camp with them and sposed to come back and have sessions etc, but that kinda failed with us last year.

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
We're doing a school "dance" this term and we're employing crush it sounds alrite, we dont have to pay them anything, they organise drinks and everything and then they give us $4 for each ticket purchased and 25% of the drink and merchandise sales.. hopefully it will be good! anyway its the first time we're trying them - in the past we just organised everything ourselves so really we only had a dj and drinks but now they do whole lights and smoke and screen so yeah maybe more people will come .... anyway ill let u know how it goes.

i really wanna have a productive year, im school captain too and i just wanna do stuff... every year past the prefect body and the src havent really done anything and i think its pointless .. ive been on the src for 2 years and last year all we did was redo the toilets (which are trashed again) and put in money for sound system in the hall but we had a few fundriasers and stuff.. this year i wanna do heaps!

also do u guys have yearbooks at ur school? im going to do a year book for year 12s hopefully! but i cant do it thru school, i tried in year 10 and they just wouldnt allow anything.. u couldnt mention anything about another student or teachers even if it was a compliment or something nice! also the src have agreed to do a whole school yearbook .. does anyone do these?? any ideas or suggestions/

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
yeh i'm on src...we dont really do much. we pretty much just organise a social one a term, write the newsletters, and we have 1 out of uniform day a term to sponsor a charity..this term its the rspca..w occasionally do other stuff though..like recently we just got recycling boxes put in all the classrooms.
Originally posted by mazza_728

also do u guys have yearbooks at ur school? im going to do a year book for year 12s hopefully! but i cant do it thru school, i tried in year 10 and they just wouldnt allow anything.. u couldnt mention anything about another student or teachers even if it was a compliment or something nice! also the src have agreed to do a whole school yearbook .. does anyone do these?? any ideas or suggestions/
we do yearbooks, but they arent run by the src..its just anyone that wants to get involved. I did it last year and it was a shit task so dont do it lol....we have a yr 12 yearbook if anyone wants to organise it, otherwise we go without

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
i know i tried to do it in year 10 such hard work!! but yeah i really would like a yearbook and so do the majority of my year, no one wants to do it though. so if i dont do it, it wont get done!

Yeah we started a recycling program last year too!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to minimise school spenditure, meaning like electricity and water??? do u guys have ideas on how to cut down?? not that we've had complaints or anything but it would be kewl if the school could save money!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
in the src system.
we just finished organising the valentines day flowers blah blah..
havent got any plans for this term just yet.
Money raised is for buy materials for schools e.g soap dispensers etc. We just had a new principle at our school and discos werent allowed before due to safety issues. so we hope that the new guy will change some rules for us!

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
i'm a prefect....

not too many things goign on this term besides yr 6 touring our school, new aprents to the school meetings, we still have our regular aseembly duties, we still bust people for truating smoking etc heheheh oh and this term we have also been invited to other schools prefect afternoon teas....i'm goign to NSBHS next week
geez i relli shud read these more often. that was um yesterday arvo... i was there, nsbs wasnt as bad, well nsgs was erm.. funny is a nice way to put it :)

KarmaKitten

HSC
at our school, the prefect body and the src body are two different things. the src executives are in year 11 and they organise the dances, charity days etc
im a prefect and our role is mainly centred around year 12 itself. so we organise our formal, jerseys, entertainment. etc
we do fundraising for these events.
everything is divided into groups and im part of the group that does the year12 yearbook.
the principal also gives us the opportunity to attend leadership workshops and competitions etc

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
The src and prefect body are diff things at my school too but the prefect body is involved in src meetings and business, we help organise fundraisers, dances etc
the prefect body itself tries to "lead" the school - we go to leadership seminars, do alot of speeches and "sitting up on stage trying to keep your legs shut so no one can see up your skirt" roles.

@lbert3269

Role of a Prefect of 2003 @ KHS:
- Jump the queue at the canteen.
- Jig morning roll calls.
- Have an excuse when being caught jigging.
- Get credit for doing nothing. eg. fundraising, school events and etc.

Callistogenic

HSC
This year was probably one of the biggest races ever for captainship, I tried, and I got prefect, I'm still happy with the postion, and seeing as I hadn't been in office except for Year 8... Well, let's just say it's good to be back =P.

As for the power breakdown, here's a hierarchical view:

Captians - Bosses
Vice Captains - Henchpeople for Bosses
Prefects (11... I think, me included) - Workers!
Senior Council (goodness knows, their numbers change, divide, multiply...) - Wannabe Prefects!=P
S.R.C. (again, how many?) - Junior guys who look after their Junior peers.

Basically, the Captains drive the ship, the Vice Captains keep us (the prefect body) in line and direct the orders onto us from the captains. We then work as a team. Infact, I think the prefects this year for our school are a pretty tight bunch. We actually work for the badge. Unlike some... The senior council gives the Senior student body a voice. They compile their requests, and also hand them onto us. Only then do we see the Vice Captain(s) do anything. They're the filters in the whole pipeline, and they then compile and discuss our findings, and report those onto the captains. Or, we can just go direct to the captains =P. We don't have much to do with the Junior side of the school, as they're administered by their teacher.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i've never been in the src (not the type) but back in yr 7 or 8 we had anti stress day which was really cool, we basically got to bludge all day and we had big inflated obstacle courses and a sausage sizzle etc :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)