Ssex (1 Viewer)

nandayo

ismist
HSC
That stands for Subject Selections Especially eXtension. Either that or I used it to get your attention.

There seems to be a lot of subject selection advice threads around, and everyone seems willing to offer advice. So, here's my selections at the moment:

Ext. English
Mathematics
Chemistry
HSC Japanese
Italian Beginners (Open High)
Economics or Modern or ?

So, as you can see my main problem is choosing the last subject..cause I'm not sure what will be the best choice. Hopefully the other subjects give you an idea of what I enjoy. Thanks for your help.

nandayo

ismist
HSC
But then isn't that a bit of a pickle because people with a BA in American Literature end up running huge MNC's like 3M..

moo_moo_molly

Yo mumma
HSC
nandayo said:
That stands for Subject Selections Especially eXtension. Either that or I used it to get your attention.

There seems to be a lot of subject selection advice threads around, and everyone seems willing to offer advice. So, here's my selections at the moment:

Ext. English
Mathematics
Chemistry
HSC Japanese
Italian Beginners (Open High)
Economics or Modern or ?

So, as you can see my main problem is choosing the last subject..cause I'm not sure what will be the best choice. Hopefully the other subjects give you an idea of what I enjoy. Thanks for your help.
Do you know what the teachers would be like for those subjects??

If the potential teacher(s) for economics isn't/aren't a good teacher then I would definatly advise against it. I had a crap teacher and hence hate it although me and my friends started a study group with a tutor type person and are finding that now that we understand it a bit more its a bit more bearable. I personally don't like history so I won't give my opinion on that....

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
i personally don't think that you should make your choices based on what you *think* you might want to do later. In theory it's a good plan, but I think that you'd be better off doing what interests you and what you're good at, you'll do far better. and for me, i still have little idea what I want to do anyway, but I'm pretty happy with my subjects.

eng x - great if you're into it
maths - yeah
chem - that's one I'd check what teacher you have. I have a shitty tacher and I would say that's why I'm doing not so well at it. if you still want to do it make sure that from the start you realise that it will be your responsibility to learn the course

lol well that's my 2 cents worth

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
yeah, I know what you mean. You're right, I was just thinking along the lines of people who just have this idea and it's likely to change, or somthing like that

kimberlin

HSC
economics - very useful, logical and applicable to life after h/school .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)