st patricks business college (1 Viewer)

5p01lt

HSC
I have just completed a year at St Patricks Business College in Surry Hills Sydney doing diploma of event management and all i can say is what a dissappointment.
First of all a few days before we were due to start they increased the price to $13,000.
We had a large staff turnover rate with 5 new staff joining and the old 5 leaving, and not all left on good terms so alot of modules we had to repeat to get our marks for.
The staff were un organised and incompetent, constantly condradicting one another and changing plans.
All new staff introduced to the college were un educated and had no teaching qualifications, but were told during induction all trainers were best in the industry.
The college was packed with lies, first off we were told we would be found a job and placement in an establishment for the compulsory workplacement time, none of which happened when the time came around.

Students were constantly told that the college would never give them a reference and that they had no potential.

Teachers lost marks and exams causing students to re sit them.
Marks were not promptly handed back resulting in tasked completed but failed at begining of the year would have to be completed at the end of the year when all knowledge on the topic was not as well remembered.

The uniform is expensive & un comfortable, if you do end up enrolling at st pats you do not have to buy the bag or the shoes. i recomend you dont as all the students shoes broke and stretched and the bags were un necessarily large.

The building is demountables, that they constantly do work on, the college grounds are not level very large OH&S issue, the building structure of the college has caution of asbestos signs everywhere which can cause long term damage as you all know.
No protection from rain unless you sit indoors, which is not allowed?? haha
No parking area... anywhere around or in the college.
Area is very bad, constantly being asked for smokes, money and food by local housing commision residents -located right across the road. For example one girl was chased an hit accross the head by a local known as the ICE JUNKIE.
very immtimidating area.

I would lastly like to state that out of the whole hospitality and events classes just under half passed with a diploma on the graduation day and the rest were forced to stay back for an additional 3 weeks, with none of the teachers present to assist with failed assesments.

i would say it has been one of the worst years of my life though you might have heard good things as i did before i attended the college, i have been through it and can tell you it was nt a pleasant experience and i would not wish it appon anyone.

trashy

HSC
i completly agree with the above comment
i was there last year and everything mentioned is exactly how
it is, please do not go there if you are serious about your studies
it is a large waste of money

imcompetant staff everywere!
Especially the Event Management Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)