• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

stains (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah i didn't know where to put this. they should totally have a domestic/housekeeping section.

anyway someone's buying a textbook off me, but since i posted up the ad a century ago i kind of gave up hope of ever selling it, and it's just been fermenting under my bed for about six months, and seems to have acquired some dirt marks and ink stains on the cover. the cover is cream so it shows up. is there anything i can use to gently get the cover clean before i post it to the buyer? also if you know where i can get tinted white-out and the colours it comes in. thanks!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i know that you can get coloured white-out, my dad used to get the light blue one..not sure what other colours you can get. check out officeworks or maybe a newsagent.

what material's the cover? if it's paper you dont have much hope. glossy paper, you might be able to get them out....eucalyptus oil maybe?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i'll probably take a wander through officeworks sometime soon. i can't think of anywhere else that would stock it, i was after a light yellow colour.

yeah the cover is paper but its kinda...waxy. almost like what some birthday cards are made of. i was thinking a tiny bit of mild soapy water and some gentle persuasion might lift the worst of it, i just don't want to risk it unless i know it wont wreck the book.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
soapy water wont do too much methinks, and it might wreck the paper. eucalyptus should get most of the stains off, and it usually doesnt do anything bad to the paper

CieL

HSC
Oh yeah Officeworks has coloured liquid paper.

They come in light blue, light yellow, light green, and light pink.

I used to play with that shit all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)