• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Start at UNSW and transfer internally or start elsewhere and transfer externally? (2 Viewers)

K

Kozak92

I'm definitely set on doing communications & journalism one way or the other so I'm just wondering if I should not receive the ATAR cut-off required for the course at UNSW, should I enter a course requiring a lower ATAR such as B-Arts and transfer internally or would it be better to go to a University that requires a lower cut-off for the course such as UOW, UWS and transfer to UNSW after a year?

Obviously theres no real reason as to why I should have to attend University of New South Wales but I think it would mean a great deal to my parents for their son to attend such a highly rated Uni.

The ATAR requirements have raised pretty substantially for the course at UNSW :( from 86 to 91 in just a year and I don't think I've done enough to deserve 91.

Thanks in advance.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Same course at a "shitter" uni is a lot better. Then transfer later if you like. Don't do arts if you don't want to.

dawdlex3

HSC
I'm doing the Media in Comms & Journalism at UNSW now, and I would advise you look at the program structure in the UNSW Handbook and look at whether the individual courses attract you, or the structure at another uni may be more appealing.

UNSW Handbook Program - Media (Comms & Journalism) - 3429

You can look at the media subject reviews I posted in another thread in this forum =)

K

Kozak92

You have to do Art minors anyway so wouldn't it be ok for me to start in B-Arts and transfer?

It definitely sounds more reasonable to do the specific course at another Uni but people around me say its much easier to transfer inside a Uni then it is from Uni to Uni.

I read your review dawdlex and it seems overall that its a rather interesting degree :)

rx34

HSC
The ATAR requirements have raised pretty substantially for the course at UNSW :( from 86 to 91 in just a year and I don't think I've done enough to deserve 91.

Thanks in advance.
Hey Kozak, don't be so down on yourself and have more self-confidence :) It's not that hard to get an ATAR of 90+, I had many mates even cramming at the last 2 months, and they got decent ATARs (early 90s). Walk into the exam with confidence and do plenty of past exams (preferably 5 per subject). I'm sure you can get in the course you so desire. All the best :spin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)