startup list (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i have windows xp and i wanna know how i can stop all these programs like icq,yahoo messenger, etc. from starting up when i turn on the computer?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
less elegant, but still practical way...

go "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" and clear all the shortcuts there, and then do the same with "C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Start Menu\Programs\Startup".

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
no but u will get a warning msg the next time u start up -> something about selective startup ... blah i cant remember

i usually try to go to the program and change the settings myself if im too lazy ill go with msconfig

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
try opening each individual program u dont want to startup, go into their options and somewhere therell be an option where you can disable it from starting up.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by ezzy85
try opening each individual program u dont want to startup, go into their options and somewhere therell be an option where you can disable it from starting up.
i couldn't be bothered:eek: . anyway i tried that msconfig method and it worked- now i don't have to use control, alt, delete everytime i start up my computer!:D

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i dunno but when i do stuff in msnconfig and restart

when my comp loads the desktop it has some msgbox asking about some shit... i dunno

mayb my comp is gay like how it always is
edit : i r on xp

Jesus

Christ
HSC
N/A
nah thats normal, its asking u are using the selective group start up and u can do this and that to go back, oh and u can select dont display this message at startup, something like that, so its fine

Rahul

Dead Member
like what frigid said, go start>programs(all programs if "start menu" style is chosen)>startup. right click there and go "explore", this way u can quickly remove or add prgrams for when u start. i have winamp and mozilla to start up with the comp. esp with mozilla which has horrendous loading times
i get ICQ to start up when the comp starts too. i have a program, but it for windows 98/nt, maybe 2k. if ur using xp it will be no good. it controls which programs assign themselves to start with the computer, not jus the start up folder. i can upload if anyone would like to try it. jus post up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)