• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

STAT (&ret) RESULTS (1 Viewer)

kezdawg

wats an average stat and ret result.
alot of my friends got in 70s but i got in 80s.
and for multiple choice STAT i killed it but english is so so. Can sumone plz tell me sum averages so i can compare, i cant find anything on the net about how it all works.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I think the majority get in the 70s. Most people ive spoken to have got about low to mid 70s

edit: i am talking about RET

Last edited:

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i do vet science, and we had to do the stat multiple choice test to transfer in. Everyone in the course (who did well enough to get the transfer) got mid 90's or above. Three people got perfect scores, or 99.9's. I got 99.8.

But thats vet science, one of the most competitive courses to transfer into. Depends what course you are trying to get into as to how good your mark has to be. Some courses just require that you meet a minimum mark, whereas others like Vet want you to do as well as you can.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Hey Mambomeg,
I would really like to do veterinary science but know that my UAI will be severly lacking... :( possibly mid 80s, but I did get 174 (98.5) for STAT multiple choice, and that would have to be a competitive mark for vet science.
What is the best way to optimise my chances of getting in next year? I read that you needed to have animal work experience, did you have that? If that is necessary I will try to find that work now... volunteer I guess....

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yes you need to do work experience and you need to start now! when you apply to transfer in, you fill out a form showing your commitment to vet science, and it needs to be as full as possible. Join the RSPCA, Wires, NSW animal welfare league, andy other organisations you can think of, do volunteer work (or paid work) at vet clinics, and do every animal related thing u can think of to put on your form.

The way transferring works is they give you a mark out of 105 (odd number i know...). Its 60% Uni marks, 40% Stat test result, and 5 marks for commitment to vet science. You need a distinction average to be competitive. A lot of people get both the marks and the stat result, but loose out on the committment. It really is that competitive that one mark difference in commitment scores can mean missing out on a place, so do as much as you can. My friend had a 79 average, 99.9 in the stat test, and had a bit of work experience, but not much, and she missed out on a place. So work experience is really important!

As to which uni course to do, it really doesnt matter. The faculty doesnt care what course you've done, or what uni u did it at, they just look at marks, and you need to complete one full year of uni study to be able to apply for a place in vet. So do whatever course you think you can do well in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)