STol3n ChildreEN (1 Viewer)

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
in d change essay, write this Only IF u are doing stolen children

TALKING BOUT INDIGENOUS PPL

3 stories, preferably Paul's WIlliam's and Fiona's
* each story must have 5 quotes explained in relation to change and answer the question after every paragraph.

* talk about techniques
- staccato phrases, anaphoric repetition
- emotive lanague, first person narrative (I)
- past tense to create a nostalgia atmosphere
- iron
- dialogue
- metaphorical language

*LINK to question in terms of change!!!!

NOTE:
with your other supplementary texts, u must LINK to stolen children. Just say something like: "Pokemon relates to Paul's story because Pikachu in Pokemon is also picked on and undergoes emotional changes"
LINK to the question by answering it

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Ahh wtf lol :p, pikachu hahaha. I hate this text, wish we could do like starwars. Bleh, I used Fiona, Lance, Howard, Beasely, and that feminist woman in trials.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Yeah, I have to learn my stories, i'm still not sure which are the best to use.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Loz#1
Yeah, I have to learn my stories, i'm still not sure which are the best to use.
Use constrasting stories, easier to make comparisons etc as well as related texts, you can write more about things, rather than repeating things you have said for the next story.

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
We have to relate to changing perspectives too right? Thats where I lost marks for my trial essay.

Even though the area of study is change, we still have to focus more so on the changing perspectives... I'm still not quite sure about this though, how much do we relate to the two??

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by JOhnNiLiCiouS
We have to relate to changing perspectives too right? Thats where I lost marks for my trial essay.

Oh shit, I think I forgot to do that in the trials, but i'm pretty sure I at least mentioned something.

It's best to get contrasting stories for the changing perspective, then link it to the politicians and stuff views on Aborigines.

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
wait wait wait... are you saying that we should have texts related to both change AND changing perspective??

Cause I thought we only have to relate to just changing perspective...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I can't believe how shit my school went in the CSSA essay. I need to improve and quickly!

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by JOhnNiLiCiouS
wait wait wait... are you saying that we should have texts related to both change AND changing perspective??

Cause I thought we only have to relate to just changing perspective...
Changing perspective is a part of change isn't it? Changing perspective is a subset of change so it will fit in anyway.

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
What I mean is, for instance in Stolen, this is just a very general example, for the stories section: Do we argue that different peoples lives have changed differently, with some extreme examples and some not so extreme... OR do we argue that their perspectives on society and their values have changed... different people show different perspectives towards these changes hence result in different emotions...

Or do we do both? I find that if I do both, it gets a bit messy and I don't like it. But then I'm not great at english so aww :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)