Store greeter (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
I work at Best & Less and I'm hoping it gets better, because I hate it! So far I've had 4 shifts, which had me folding singlets and boy's undies. It's the most boring work, and really disheartening to see a customer muck it all up and know you have to stay late to fix it again, or the manager will go mental.

Yesterday I was meant to have a 6 hr shift as the 'store greeter'. Luckily it was fairly quiet, so the manager let me go early. Without a doubt, that was the worst 4 hours of my life. I felt like an absolute idiot standing there. It's just so monotonous repeating "Hi, how are you?" and "See you later!" to customers' retreating backs, trying to keep a cheery tone and phoney smile.

Does anyone else work at B&L? How long did it take you to get on the registers or on lay-by? Because if this is all I'm gonna be doing for the next year, I'm finding something else.

< /rant >

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
store greeter sounds like FUN!! You dont have to do anything except greet and check bags!! Oh well i guess 6hrs may be abit tedious! Just do you best and more opportunities will arise.

elisabeth

HSC
Benovista said:
store greeter sounds like FUN!! You dont have to do anything except greet and check bags!!
:( I thought so too, but it's really, really not. People ignore you, give you the cursory once-over and look down on you. There were only 5 people who actually replied to me in the whole shift.

Plus nobody likes having their bags searched, it's irritating and achieves nothing. And get this - you can't check handbags. Hmm, wonder how shoplifters could use that to their advantage...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ive been the store greeter at big w for a few shifts.. its wrong because your sposed to be over 18 or over 25 or some shit but they put me on.. it is boring, but it's also good when you get some really friendly customers who are just looking for a chat. I enjoyed most of it but man my feet were sore from not moving..

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Store greeter sounds like a crap job. Standing around for hours on end. Trying to figure out if a customer bought those shirts from your store, or Go-Lo, because the Go-Lo receipt only shows numbers and no other details of what he/she bought. Bah!

Dave85

HSC
Benovista said:
store greeter sounds like FUN!! You dont have to do anything except greet and check bags!! Oh well i guess 6hrs may be abit tedious! Just do you best and more opportunities will arise.
i do it @ bunnings... ppl greeting is alright accept when ur hung over. yeah its hard to keep enthuasastic but we normally swap around every few hours. pretty bludgy tho. However it sucks coz some ppl are just arseholes and look u up and down and ignore u.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Komaticom said:
Go-Lo, because the Go-Lo receipt only shows numbers and no other details of what he/she bought. Bah!
the Go-Lo in my town, their receipts show what you bought...... ours is new but, if that even makes a difference lol

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
are u allowed to get girls phone numbers while on the job?

BTW it must really suck to stand in the same spot for like 4 hours, even more sometimes

elisabeth

HSC
Wild Dan Hibiki said:
are u allowed to get girls phone numbers while on the job?
Well, if you're into that, I suppose you could try and chat someone up... but bear in mind the majority of our customers are retirees :p

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i think it would be kinda inappropriate to get someones number while your on the job..

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
ehehe retirees totally aren't my thing, i was thinking more towards girls around my age

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)