Structure for module B + how many TS Eliot poems to discuss? (1 Viewer)

idkkdi

HSC
3, but u want to be prepared for specific poems, e.g. must discuss 'x' as part of. so have extra paragraphs/quotes etc. for other poems.

the common formats are.
let poems be a,b,c.
you can have intro a b c conclusion
or intro a&b b&c c&a conclusion, discussing a common idea between two in each para.

You could also have other structures, e.g. free flow discussion. bring in any poem in any para whenver u want or a&b c&d e&a&b etc.

if u do the first structure, maybe have some links between poems during paragraphs, because the poems are part of a collective work and u should make markers realise that you know this. look at hsc marking feedback.

the second structure makes a better/more elegant essay when done well imo. However, it is much harder to execute properly. I did this (notes & resources) and found myself spending a lot more time figuring out my eliot essay structure than any other modules.

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Going on a tangent for a moment for a question. How many essays have you prepped for trials so far? I see plenty of your questions in the advanced section so I am naturally curious.
Have prepped a lot for Mod A from an internal task already - not so much for mod B where I am just getting started on an essay. I did prep for common mod but have to apply it (also forgot a lot of it). For Mod C, I have plans and stuff, but haven't really prepped... not a lost of essays tbh despite my questions on the forum lol

idkkdi

HSC
How do you add in critic quotes?
however you want inside a paragraph. the best use of critics is usually to add a new perspective or some fresh insight. u generally also want to show that u considered the critics in some way rather than just slap it on.

e.g. while x says y which is meritable, it is not entirely true since blah blah
x says y which brings up this interesting preliminary notion of z. when considering further etc.

don't use too many critics to the point where it overpowers your own personal perspective.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)