Stuck without teachers (1 Viewer)

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
Ok well im kinda left without a chemistry or physics teacher atm. What happened was my chemistry teacher got a job as science head teacher at another school. so my physics teacher was gunna take over chem class. but then he also got job as sci head teacher at another school. so atm i have no chem or physics teacher. And i prob wont for a while cuz until we get some more sci teachers hired we have no one. So i was thinking i should just get textbooks for chem and physics and try to learn the stuff myself cuz i really dont want to sit there and learn nothing and waste my time. any suggestions?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Learn it off yourself and get some help from tutors, thats pretty much your option.

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
you're probably going to have to ask another teacher who teaches the same subject, or tutors as mentioned!
If you use a text book, which is very good, it shouldn't be too bad while they are gone.

I came back to school to find that i was without a maths teacher for about 2 weeks, but its general maths and we know most of the stuff from year 10, plus our school got an old math teacher in who is a substitute!

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
i dont wanna get a tutor mainly cuz we dont have the money right now (and my parents wont go for it) and i dont really have the time. any suggestions for textbooks?

cccclaire

HSC
i don't know what text-book to suggest, but I would advise downloading the syllabus and just going through each dot-point.
coz they're sciences you're going to miss out on pracs probably, but most of them are pointless and predictable anyway.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
alez said:
i dont wanna get a tutor mainly cuz we dont have the money right now (and my parents wont go for it) and i dont really have the time. any suggestions for textbooks?
I use conquering chemistry and jacaranda physics, both crap so thats two that you wont use. Go see whats in your library.

Z66R2V

HSC
Can you just use the textbook for the subject?

andyn

HSC
i use chemistry contexts 1 [for prelim] and jacaranda for physics @ school. but i have others conquering chemistry and chemistry in context. by the way for physics, isnt jacaranda the best physics textbook out there? if not can u suggest any others?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
andyn said:
i use chemistry contexts 1 [for prelim] and jacaranda for physics @ school. but i have others conquering chemistry and chemistry in context. by the way for physics, isnt jacaranda the best physics textbook out there? if not can u suggest any others?
Some of the explanations in their is just wtf at times. i use a university one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)