Student Card and Exams (2 Viewers)

Skeeta

HSC
My wallet has been stolen, and i've lost my student card. With exams only 2 weeks away (i'm a cumbo student), is it possible to get another student card? Will it cost anything? and/or do i need another one?

sarevok

HSC
it costs $20, at least at fisher anyway, if you want to get a new railpass thing you have to go to the office and pay $18

Skeeta

HSC
did u get it from the library or office?

sarevok

HSC
oh, i meant the rail office for the rail pass. to get the new student card you go to loan enquiries in fisher.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
You guys need cards for exams? ?
$20 From your Campus to get the sheet.
another $ 20 from main campus to get it all sorted with admin etc.
Its called the student admin building near the Newtown side.

I don't know if you need a student card just for exams though. We don't .

Skeeta

HSC
oh god please dont tell me i have to go to main campus just to get a stupid card for exams. i really hope we dont need it! it could posssibly ruin everythin

thanks for your help so far guys :D

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
You don't necessarily need your student card. I've seen people show their licence before..

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
ujuphleg is correct, the exam regulations say you don't actually need your student card --

USyd Examinations Office - Exam Rules said:
STUDENT IDENTIFICATION IN EXAMINATIONS
Students must identify themselves in examinations by placing their current University student card on the exam table beside their attendance slip.

Students without their University ID card must provide other acceptable identification (with photograph) in the examination room, i.e. passport, driver's licence. Replacement student cards are available from the Loan Enquiries Office, Fisher Library on payment of the scheduled fee
Have fun! My first and last exam is tomorrow morning! :) Yay! :)

Last edited:
HSC
ujuphleg said:
You don't necessarily need your student card. I've seen people show their licence before..
I'd say if her wallet's gone she doesn't have her license either.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Ugh, annoyance. You know Skeeta, I lost my wallet about the same time last year too. Now you can get a replacement at Fisher for 20 bucks.. but you don't get a State Transit sticker with that, so you'll have to be careful on public transport, because technically you're no longer eligible for concession. I got fucked by one of those Transit officers over this issue, with my fine as 'failure to provide evidence of eligibility for concession' even though I had my student card right there and then; $150 fine. I did however get that revoked when I prompted my solicitor to write a letter to SydneyBuses.. but just be careful anyhow.

Skeeta

HSC
ah thats a big pain inthe hiney..

i'm not gonna bother getting another one since i can use my liscence for exams (next week aaargh!) and i dont get public transport very often anyway..

We get our new ones in march right?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
They've been promising us plastic student cards for years. My guess is that they'll introduce them in 2009.

sarevok

HSC
Phanatical said:
They've been promising us plastic student cards for years. My guess is that they'll introduce them in 2009.
I got a new student card a couple of months ago. It's plastic. I believe the student cards we receive next year at enrolments will be plastic.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Replacement student cards have been plastic for years, though. They're expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)