Study Abroad v Exchange? (1 Viewer)

RIZAL

HSC
Has anyone completed a Study Abroad program? I wanted to go on Exchange next year but am unimpressed with Macquaries cohort of partner universities.

If anyone here has succesfully completed a semester of study abroad could you please tell me what the hassles were, what Uni/School you went to, did you get a travel grant and any other relevant information. Thanks.

alibi

HSC
exchange

Hello,

I'm an exchange student, coming to MQ in February. My home university is in Hamburg and they have an agreement with MQ for a double-degree programme. So I'm not exactly the person you wanted for an answer, but i can tell you a lot about Hamburg and studying here, if you're interested.

Andreas

RIZAL

HSC
Hello Alibi,

I have a lot of questions for you. My main question is whether the hamburgers are actually better over there or are they just your regular beef patty, bun, lettuce etc?

Any help concerning this matter would be greatly appreciated,

RIZAL

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
RIZAL said:
Hello Alibi,
I have a lot of questions for you. My main question is whether the hamburgers are actually better over there or are they just your regular beef patty, bun, lettuce etc?
Any help concerning this matter would be greatly appreciated,
RIZAL
lol... rizal...

:rofl:

you want to do exchange???... where to?... don't tell me canada...

Last edited:

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
hey u do acst right?

i rang up westcott he said he doesnt know of any students that have gone on exchange for the acst program (besides short courses for the electives) coz its not possible to get the exemptions

but he told me to research nanyang (singapore) and some scottish one... forget the name.. but i couldnt b bothered researching into it so yeh...

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
I want to go to Canada too...
Ryan, what you could do is take a short course during a vacation period or something...although it isnt really what you wanted intially...

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
fornstar said:
whats wrong with canada???
private joke.... sorry... well... not really a joke...

but you'd think if any... then london or something...

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Personally, I would go on exchange to somewhere a bit more... exotic than the UK - nothing seems more boring. Plus, its hella expensive to live over there.

RIZAL

HSC
hahahaha not canada licious.

ryan: thanks for the feedback. nanyang = elite. BUT I finish my acst+fin double this year though, so I was thinking of doing an exchange after that at a good Finance school (e.g. wharton).

If you want to throw an exchange into your actuarial program and want to go to Canada, have a good look at the University of Waterloo. Best in Canada for Actuarial.

ND

HSC
Just work for a couple of years then do your MBA at Wharton, beats any exchange program. :D

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
ND said:
Just work for a couple of years then do your MBA at Wharton, beats any exchange program. :D
Harvard Business School > Wharton... but I agree with the gist of the comment.

ND

HSC
GoodToGo said:
Harvard Business School > Wharton... but I agree with the gist of the comment.
The Wharton MBA was ranked equal 1st last year (with Harvard), but historically Wharton has been 1st and Harvard 2nd.

Hence, Wharton > Harvard.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
So that suggests Wharton is on the way down and Havard on the way up. A lot of rankings, e.g. US News has Wharton at 3 behind Havard and Stanford.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
GoodToGo said:
So that suggests Wharton is on the way down and Havard on the way up. A lot of rankings, e.g. US News has Wharton at 3 behind Havard and Stanford.
Wharton = top ugrad business school worldwide
Wharton = top 5 MBA school worldwide
Harvard = (no ugrad)
Harvard = top 5 MBA school worldwide

in general, i would say a Harvard MBA may be slightly more prestigious than Wharton MBA- but a lot is to do with its world wide acceptance as the top university. So as a long term average of all the rankings HBS would be ranked first and Wharton Second.

But as the MBA degree itself and employer intakes from top tier IB's and Management consulting firms (which notoriously take only the best people) I would say Wharton and HBS are equivalent.

I'm probably biased since I’m going to Wharton, but either way difference is fairly small - the person is more important than the uni they went to (just as long as it’s a top tier Bus. school).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)