study buddies (1 Viewer)

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
.. damn.. now only 2wks till da trials and i know jack all.. mayb some1 could help me... be my study buddY!!! hehehe ;) even though we're all competing against each otha... :p im a lost cause that needs help and wont get above 60 UAI so heeeLp!

ok these r da subj i doinZ:

standard Eng
3u MAths
Hist ext 1
Modern Hist
Physics
Information Technology @ tafe

msg me or sumthin k ?~ :D

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
nah that's IT/vet

it's a board endorsed course, not a board developed course.

there's IPT and there's IT

mulan, i've only got 3U maths and Physics in common with you.
i'm looking for a study buddy myself, (before, during, after trials), but i have to get back to you on it. (i have someone in mind already, we're in negotiations :p)

Last edited:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i do practically the same as you! except for those 2 histroy subjects
i got friends who study with me, but i however DUn advise it omg !! talk and talk and talk so thats bad!!

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
study groups r good, but better in like small groups (2-4)
any more and u'll end up talking instead of working

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I'll want a study buddy in the weeks leading up to stuvac and perhaps even during it so I'll see who's interested on here after trials

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Study buddies never work-if you both have a basic idea of whats going on, you always end up just chatting about bullshit. If neither of you are feeling too confident, you end up just talking about how screwed you are, and not actually getting aroudn to any study. And if one person knows less than the other person, they end up just mooching off the person who knows more, and wasting all their time...:(

Waldo

Hiding Somewhere
HSC
couldn't have said it better, study buddies rarely work

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I don't necessarily agree with that, its different if you know the person, but we don't really know each other so we aint gunna have that much to talk about!! And most of the people on here are pretty bright so Id expect there'd be more bouncing off one another rather than 'mooching'. And its also handy to have a look at other school's notes and see what they have compared with you.

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
Originally posted by YEAR12
I don't necessarily agree with that, its different if you know the person, but we don't really know each other so we aint gunna have that much to talk about!! And most of the people on here are pretty bright so Id expect there'd be more bouncing off one another rather than 'mooching'. And its also handy to have a look at other school's notes and see what they have compared with you.
..... :D im not too sure about the "bright" bit for me...but im happy with mooching

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
hmmmm i've found teaching my b/f really helps me... and it seems to be helping him... but i'm really annoying about it... he's like "oh i'm over it" and i make him do like 10 more questions, so he gets it into his head.. don't they say u remember 95% of what u teach people?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
only probs bout having study sessions in the state library is dat u cant realli talk anyway...and if u do, u get the worst evil looks by everyone, and sometimes ppl call security to tell u to shutup

but anyway, I found that studying around friends, not with friends helped..coz u always had ur breaks and relaxation (coffee!) time, giving u time for all the knowledege u've been studying to sink in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)