• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study Camps? (2 Viewers)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
is that the one where you do like 12 hours of study a day?

Gemstone

Huh all I know about are the Cru camps is that what were talking about. I think there only 3 hours of study a day (no maybe 6). Anyway if theres any others can you tell me

Gems

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I went to one last year and it was great!

I went to one called HSC Study Conferences. It is approx. $280 and you study for 12 hours or less a day with moderate breaks for morning tea, lunch, breakfast, dinner and 2-3 hours of free time at approx. 2pm.

We also had 1hr to talk about the Bible and God stuff which wasn't as bad as l thought. If anyone is interested for more info, please pm me. :)

Here is the site for more info if you can't be bothered to ask me.

http://www.hscstudyconferences.com/

But if you want to know more about it form someone who has been, then please pm.

Iunny

is it worth it going on one? I don't think I can do 12 hours of study a day, 3 hours is like, very good for me. Will the study camps actually make/help you study?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
from what i can gather, they force you to study...although my mind would wander, so i would be pretending to study

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Iunny
is it worth it going on one? I don't think I can do 12 hours of study a day, 3 hours is like, very good for me. Will the study camps actually make/help you study?
Everyone goes into a big room with 2 people to a desk (you can ask if you want to sit alone). You study for 2 hours at a time and once on wednesday you study for about 3 (to have a practise exam time with the conditions) No one is allowed to talk or to leave the room (unles you are really sick) A toilet door is either inside that room or just outside.

You are supervised by 2 tecaher/tutor people at one time. You are allowed to eat lollies, listen to walkman/discman and read a book if you get sick of studying.

I went on one and l want to go again this year, but possibly get a desk of my own. I brought my basic things to study as in books etc. But one girl brang an exra suitcase full of her school work.

If at anytime you need help with your subject, you go into the room next door at anytime and ask the person who can tutor or teach that subject. They will do their best to help you. The tutors are ex tecahers or ex studnets who are in uni.

There are some subjects however that they may not be able to provide a teacher/tutor for, like senior science. But they have a chemistry/biology/physics teacher/tutor which can help you in senior science because that is what senior science is made up of.

First of all you wake up at 7:00, have breakfast at 7:30 which goes for about 45 mins. at 8:30 the study period begins. (The 15mins in between this study period and breakfast is for brushing teeth or having a shower etc. or getting your school things out of you cabin but l prefer to leave them in the study room). You study for 2 hours until 10:30. You then have morning tea, another study session for 2 hours and then at 12:30pm you have lunch. After lunch is free time for about 2-3 hours. After dinner there is another study period for about 2 and a half hours. You don't study 12 hours in one day, you study approx. 8.

NOTE: This isn't exact for every study conference, this is just the one l went on.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
if ur disciplined enough to do that on a weekend then it would save u 280 bux

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
if ur disciplined enough to do that on a weekend then it would save u 280 bux
Well l'm not. Especially not with my little brother, my family and constant chaos at my house.

Iunny

ouch, I've tried, its very hard, thats why i'm considering study camps

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Iunny
ouch, I've tried, its very hard, thats why i'm considering study camps
My teacher made this study conference/camp and his reasons are to get away from siblings, from chaos at home and to also relax with your friends.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
from what i can gather, they force you to study...although my mind would wander, so i would be pretending to study
My Mind wanders too, but its only for about 2 hours. I read most of my hp 5 book while l was there than actual study...l should have studied chemistry but l hate the subject so l didn't and l already did as much of english and maths that l could.

I also listen to my discman which makes my mind wander but l did get things done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)