Study for HSC (1 Viewer)

Premus

Hi

just wondering....for ext 1 and ext 2 maths....is Jeff Geha's 50 study tips for HSC, a good book to use? I have done HSC and Trial papers from the last 10 years or so....should i do more?...or do you guys suggest i just revise completely from Jeff's Book.

Thanks for your help!

mojako

HSC
revise
then do probably about 3 more papers (3 from each course, ext1 and ext2) under timed condition and check it with the marking guideline to determine ur mark
if u r satisfied, u can have a rest now :)

but again, theres no harm in doing even more.

psych_girl

HSC
hay, guys
one of my friends says that ppl who is doing 4U math is stupid enough beacuse they dont have enough studying units. how do you that? I think i will fight him cause I am a 4U math student. Ummmmmmmmmm. People who are choosing 4U are all clever. Do you agree with me? :)
4U is interesting. I enjoy it.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
If I am understanding you correctly, your friend is an idiot.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yes its very peculiar that ne1 discredits 4u maths students, ur friend is indeed an idiot

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
4u is worth it
its very fulfilling........

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
4u maths rocks and its the only subject (besides maybe 3u) that has really interested me this year, and I that is perhaps because it provides a challenge, and gives you such a sense of satisfaction when you finally understand something. I think that this love for the subject has helped me to work harder than in any other subject, and as a consequence I will gain maximum advantage from its wonderful scaling.

Your friend is a moron.

Having said that there are some idiots who pick 4u when they really shouldn't and it really fucks them up later on.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
tywebb said:
this doesn't just apply to students.

it also applies to some members of the teaching profession who are not good enough to teach 4u, but who pretend to teach it anyway.

and, dare i say, it also applies to some members of the exam committee who aren't good enough to write exams of the same high quality they were in the days when sydney uni dominated it.
Are you saying that the exams are too hard, too easy, or just don't follow the syllabus properly?

CrashOveride

HSC
tywebb said:
this doesn't just apply to students.

it also applies to some members of the teaching profession who are not good enough to teach 4u, but who pretend to teach it anyway.
Word.

Can i also ask if all the previous comotion with buchanan was genuine? Why would some university or something care about students doing 4u math?

ngai

HSC
tywebb said:
some members of the syllabus committee are saying that the current exam committee are writing exams not well attuned to the focus of the syllabus
i must say that i dont particularly like the syllabus...for most of my subjects in fact..

mojako

HSC
whats wrong with his site though? I never get it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)