• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Study Planning (1 Viewer)

Weinerdogg

HSC
OK so I have a study plan at the moment and I have pretty much equal time for all subjects. However I have a week+ between all my exams so should I refocus my plan to focus on English Adv as at the moment I'm a low 80s student in English or should I keep my timetable balanced?

Also I get about 60s for my creative writing, any advice?

stillwaters

HSC
i think you should keep your study plan... because after you do the english exams you'll be in a better place for the rest of your subjects as you won't have as much to study for becasue you already studied stuff before.... if that extremely long sentence made sense :p
but if you feel you ned to spend some more time on english then dont feel guilty if you take it out of another subject's time... just dont take the time from the same subject all the time. but yea, you're study plan sounds good ^^
i think there's other threads about creative writing but a few rules of thumb gained from my english teacher:
>> focus on something small and contained... have one or two characters at most so you can develop them properly. the ending doesnt have to be mindblowing but it has to convey something about journeys, eg. journeys are a source for change or something... since this a short story you dont have many words or much time to play with.
>> remember all you have to explore is the concept of journey... so you dont have to do a story on the focus you're doing e.g. just cos you're studying physical journeys doesn't mean you ahve to write a stpry about epic treks..
>> epic treks and explosions and stuff like that is better kept out of it :p
>> show, dont tell... so if your character's sad after i dunno... returning to their home town, instead of saying, Jerry felt like crap when he returned to his home town, you could focus on him looking at the landscape and seeing how much older and decrepit it is to what he remembered(Which reflects how he feels inside)
sorry about the huge chunk opf writing and stuff ><
i hope some of it helps and g luck for the hsc ^^ man it's nearly OVER!!! ^^ (not that it's begun yet :p)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)