Study Schedule suggestions (1 Viewer)

cologne

HSC
Hello! Does anyone have any suggestions for study schedules that I could follow to maximise my study efficiency?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

hornsbystudylad

HSC
N/A
Although I'm a very disorganised boi, I have some tips.

1. Make as much room for study every day as possible - personally, I quit cocurriculars and sports that I wasn't passionate about, gaming with friends, etc. To make more time for study. Think about it, the time you invest in your future is basically your job as a student. You're taking 2024 HSC so take yr10 as an opportunity to play hard before you force yourself to give up some of those other things that aren't studying.

2. Study as early as possible - doing homework straight after school or during free periods in school, waking up early and working before school instead of that 1 am night grind helps a lot as your concentration levels are much higher. Avoid studying beyond 10 pm if you can.

3. Study for 50-70 mins at a time, and chunk all your to-do tasks each day into those (you can put more than one study task in one chunk) so you can reach the 'focus zone' that takes like 23 mins to achieve (which is why Pomodoro is not as effective as it might seem). I use a watch or you can use the new 'focus' clock feature in WIN11 to help me do a 50min sesh and 10min break where I stand up, stretch, get food/water, do pushups etc

Every 2-4 hours take a longer break (30-60min) to eat meals and do other stuff.

Last edited:

hornsbystudylad

HSC
N/A
Getting Organised - I use:

1. An Online Calendar.
2. A ‘To-Do’ List (preferably online).

Online calendar options include ‘My Study Life’, ‘iStudiez Pro’ and ‘Google Calendar.’

Online ‘to-do’ list options include ‘Asana’, ‘Todoist’ and ‘Microsoft To Do.’

Scheduling Summary
1. Each day, write all of your tasks (homework, study, assignments etc) into your online ‘To-Do’ list.
2. Assign each of those tasks an estimated ‘completion time’ (ie. English Homework – 40 minutes and Math Study – 60 minutes).
3. Schedule the tasks into your online calendar with their allocated time block.
4. Follow your calendar and complete the tasks.
5. Tick the tasks off on your ‘to-do’ list once permanently complete.

If you fall behind on a task, edit the calendar to get extra time for that task - your skills in predicting time required will improve over time

Use the Sunday planning method to get a head start on your week.

Vall

HSC
Hello! Does anyone have any suggestions for study schedules that I could follow to maximise my study efficiency?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!
Attached is my trials study schedule.
But you need to work out between now and your HSC how / where / when you study best. For me I found that I could sustainably do one english essay in the morning and then two three hour past papers plus marking them.
During year 12 I would often go to the local library after school as that environment made me more productive. I would also wake up at 5:30am before school whenever I wanted to have a productive session (as my family was asleep then - i.e. quiet). I also woke up early during the trials block and HSC block (except for the mornings of exams).

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)