study/workload advice for year 11 subjects (1 Viewer)

libestraumno3

HSC
So I recently changed my subjects for next year (again):
  • Advanced English
  • Extension 1 English
  • Advanced Maths
  • Extension 1 Maths
  • Economics
  • Modern History
  • Physics
For those who do these subjects or a combination of some: Is the workload bearable?

I'm afraid that I'll get burnt out and stuff. My original plan was to do Chinese Beginners via NSL (distance education) instead of Physics but I figured I was going to spend a lot of time travelling when I could be studying. Yet alone for a subject that doesn't scale that great (wish I could do continuers instead). Online learning doesn't seem as effective as well, but then again it is beginners and more so independent rote learning...

Physics was my other option since I wanted to provide a variety in my choices and it was the science I liked the most. I'm somewhat interested in it and it overlaps well with Ext maths. I'm first in the sub-topic Physics in Year 10 Science and I didn't mind the content too much. Only thing I'm worried about is my time management and schedule.

Regarding my other subjects, I'm strong in the core ones and very motivated for Eco and Mod so hopefully that won't be too bad paired with Physics.

Study tips/advice for any of the subjects mentioned would be great :)

Thank you!

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

God Did
HSC
For Economics, it is a lot about knowing your content and staying on top of it
- economics is to stay up to date the news and know about recent issues
- I know you're not up to it yet but, put a focus on learning and writing essays ... that's probably the most 'value for money'

Maths (and Physics) is all about application of knowledge

Essentially, as long as you stay on top of your required work, you will be fine

carrotsss

HSC
For maths and physics yeah just make sure you’re always on top of everything, it’s a pain to catch up when you’re behind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)