Studying for general maths (1 Viewer)

steven_tiger

hey guys... i was just wondering how much study you guys do for assessments and of course, the trial.

i have done f**k all this year and am coming first overall :eek: and my mark is only 85 :p

so yeah. we did the 2001 and 2002 HSC exams in class and they were a piece of piss.... i couldnt believe how easy they were.

my teacher also said for as long as he has been teaching general/maths in society the trial has ALWAYS been harder then the HSC exam.

i want to get my mark over 90... dont think i will though. i left my run too late. what is everyone else aiming for ?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
well dont rely on the fact that your trial was harder than the hsc will be..no one can predict how hard the hsc will be..but yeah, just study lots and you should be fine, as long as you ace the hsc

superfly

Tigers fan eh?
Im like you buddy except im coming 2nd overall and i dunno what my mark is and dont particularly care! The only study i did for the trial was read through the text book. I didnt do any practice questions.

I did last years general maths hsc paper under exam conditions and ended up finishing early. Before i did that exam i had not covered the yr 11 work.....and by that i mean i hadn't ever even opened the book and im not pulling ya leg coz i dropped from 2 unit and that was a stupid idea!
anyway i did the exam finished early and had done no study what so ever with either yr 11 or 12 and i got 70%. Ill be cheering if the exam this year is like last year's.

I find the best way to study for myself is to just read through the book, do a few practice questions where im not sure and just become familiar with what equations are used where. For the most part i can remember the equations but i like to brush over the formula sheet leading up to an exam just to familiarise the layout so i dont waste time looking for the correct equation.

steven_tiger

yeah i did the same.. just had a quick flick through the text book and excel book.

i dropped down from 2 unit as well in year 11. screw that, it was too much work. lol

sexysarah2003

I am like you tiger.....(fgo the eels! :p) I was in 2 Unit at the start of this year and l didn't understand any of it. I found myself guessing most of the answers

I dropped down and it is SO DAMN EASY!! Its all the stuff l did in advanced in year 9. Most of the other people in my year 11 class have difficulty and l am coming top of the class!

I would like to go back to 2 Unit if l change schools and do year 11 again as l want to be a surveyor.

I get tutoring done (l started when l was in 2 Unit to improve my marks but it didn't work) Even though l am the top of my class l am doing year 12 general in tutoring and l am coping fine.

I just hpoe the exams are as easy as this!

P.S go tha eels! :p

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Can l suggest that you get past papers, more textbooks, practise questions and do the chapter reviews at the end of the chapters? They are great to use because they show you the things you should know. Also refer to the syllabus and cross off points that you already know and understand well.

I study hard for my assessments...l got highest in the class for at least two...l don't think l had to, but l improved my PB.

KAty

To tigers fan

Hey if you found 2002 easy can u please tell me how u worked out Q.28 (b) iv. :)

i find it pretty hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)