studying for NK -> death Th IV (1 Viewer)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
hey guys, i was just wondering, are people trying to learn everything on the syllabus about this period, or are you (particularly for those of us who are doing 2 historical periods) just learning the things you could put in an essay for 3 or 4 different areas of questions (eg. Amun, Hyksos, two kings etc.) and just hoping that one of the four questions you have to choose from will cover one of those areas? i dont really think i have enough time to know everything on all areas really well...but i dont like the thought that i could get in there and not be prepared for any of the questions. any suggestions?

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
silvermoon said:
hey guys, i was just wondering, are people trying to learn everything on the syllabus about this period, or are you (particularly for those of us who are doing 2 historical periods) just learning the things you could put in an essay for 3 or 4 different areas of questions (eg. Amun, Hyksos, two kings etc.) and just hoping that one of the four questions you have to choose from will cover one of those areas? i dont really think i have enough time to know everything on all areas really well...but i dont like the thought that i could get in there and not be prepared for any of the questions. any suggestions?
yeh basically....lol if i had paid more attention in class i mighta learnt more but im trying my luck and looking at the warrior pharoah image..expansion of egyptian empire under thut III and amenhotep II...and the building campaigns in detail...hopefully the questions will have one of these :D....and anyway im doin minoans as my other extended response for 2 reasons 1) its easy and 2) it saves me having to learn the entire old kingdom topic

thats basically wat im doin so ur not alone...thats my only real suggestion

Last edited:

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
ehehhe, im doin that to, a few essays planed, basic ones for each major point, and then just a few points here and there for each pharaoh. Im more worried bout learnin stuff for Hatshespsut, soo many notes! Coz its not like they give you a choice of questions
*curses BOS*

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
nah, i prefer hattie-soup and minoans to the others - there's more questions and they aren't worth so much individually - so you don't have to know so much stuff about each and there's only a limited range of things that they can ask you about for the ones worth 10 marks.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Yeah I'm focusing on this section the least. I've broken it down to:
-Expansion of the empire
-Hyksos
-Warrior pharaoh image
-Rise of Amun
-Building programmes
-Religion

Obviously these all overlap but they're basically the areas that can be addressed in this section (post if I forgot some).

I'm waaaay more scared about learning my other period, The Pelopponesian War...I have so much to learn for that. Gaah!

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
I'm focusing on essay questions. They could be mean and throw a left-fielded question out to us all but will they do that for all four choices? No. Hahaha! Take that! I'm screwing over your stinky HSC paper! Haha!

Anyways, Hatshepsut is great! I'd rather write an essay on it than on NK Egypt. Heaps of PS, more than for Egypt. Heh, when i write my essay i basically stick in a whole bunch of historiography for Hatshepsut anyway. Haha! Screwed the system again!

Oh man i'm cold. It's making me hysterical! Mucho apologies!

A2RAYA

HSC
tina_goes_doo said:
I'm focusing on essay questions. They could be mean and throw a left-fielded question out to us all but will they do that for all four choices? No. Hahaha! Take that! I'm screwing over your stinky HSC paper! Haha!

Anyways, Hatshepsut is great! I'd rather write an essay on it than on NK Egypt. Heaps of PS, more than for Egypt. Heh, when i write my essay i basically stick in a whole bunch of historiography for Hatshepsut anyway. Haha! Screwed the system again!

Oh man i'm cold. It's making me hysterical! Mucho apologies!
they probably will throw in a left field question considering how easy last yrs one was....f**kers

A2RAYA

HSC
hatshepsut is the miriam of ancient egypt....we don't know if she was a man or a woman...thats all i got to say on the hatshepsut topic :D

A2RAYA

HSC
dear god...there's a theory on it?? please ducky explain...maybe i'll quote u in the hatshepsut section as a modern historian on wednesday ;)

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Grr...oh dear god help us. It was stupid and crazy and makes you want to bang your head up against a brick wall :p

Ducky, it is a theory and yet to be proven!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
its a crap theory - but theres a thread in here bout it somewhere. PLEASE dont ask her bout it!!!
tina: seems like a good idea - BUT - are you doing the same thing for rome - coz if you do that they might concievably have 2 harder questions together and the easy egypt and rome ones in the same section. then you'll be stuffed (metaphorically of course - though if physically we could take you to schoolies to use as a door stop)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)