• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

studying I.T HSC (help from past IT students) (1 Viewer)

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
I was just wondering how to get about 80-85 mark in the I.T examination in the trails i got 60% (yeh crap) I have 3 weeks to study
What should I study:
IT terminology (definitions)
past papers
what about those extended responses anyone got any examples would be appreciated?
Are their any revision text books or revision notes out there or is it only the class notes that we gotta studying

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
2day is your lucky day.
first thing a few websites worth looking at.

home.kooee.com.au/andrew_blackwell
http://www.schools.ash.org.au/cbhs/vet.htm

also I have been posting extended response q's have a look aroung. Have a good look at all the posts and threads in this forum. They are a good study guide and also you may find the answer to your thread b4 you ask it!

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
ANDrew

I had a look at ur site andrew was really helpful but we supposed to know all of Core Modules: listed on your site
I've been studying from hsc csu online site in the past and has most of the IT glossary and does it cover the whole course? enough for the hsc?
and what does your website offer in studying does this cover all the notes to study for IT hsc or are there other study methods?
Also Ive been reading through the site

{Electives: Only 4 have 2 b achieved 4 the H.S.C.}
is this true that we hav to study for the electives? or HSC examination doesnt include them if so which ones do i have to study?

sorry for all these spontaneous ques im just shittin myself

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
th said:
I had a look at ur site andrew was really helpful but we supposed to know all of Core Modules: listed on your site
I've been studying from hsc csu online site in the past and has most of the IT glossary and does it cover the whole course? enough for the hsc?
and what does your website offer in studying does this cover all the notes to study for IT hsc or are there other study methods?
Also Ive been reading through the site

{Electives: Only 4 have 2 b achieved 4 the H.S.C.}
is this true that we hav to study for the electives? or HSC examination doesnt include them if so which ones do i have to study?

sorry for all these spontaneous ques im just shittin myself

I think you are confusing the HSC with an exam. The IT exam is an exam which test you on the core modules. It helps you to get a UAI if you wnat to go to UNI. You may find that studying the four electives that you completed may help you to do better in the exam.

To qualify for the HSC. That is the certificate HSC you need to be competent in the core modules plus 4 of the electiev modules. The ones you see on the webby are the ones that I teach. Once you have completed the core modules plus the 4 electives you will get:-
Cert II in IT
a HSC (Higher SChool Certificate)

If you dont do the Cores plus the electives then you get:-
A statement of attainment (it has the modules you have completed on it and no others.

If you dont want to go to UNI. Then you dont have to sit the trial or the HSC. But it is a good idea to sit them so you have something to fall back on.

Is there an echoe in here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lil_emm

HSC
Also sitting it this year

yeah im sitting the same paper this year. you just need to practice the past papers and just look over your notes. i got 88.1% in the trials. just look up the core topics and make sure you know the basics in them. it should help a bit. just look at the actual board of studies website and try the multiple choice questions on it. they help a lot.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
It is a good idea to concentrate on the extended response. It helps you learn the multiple choice and the short answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)