studying in the holidays (2 Viewers)

naila

HSC
how much studyin should yoy be doing in the holidays?

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
honestly there is no right amount for everyone, it depends on the individual

you can still get 99.95 doing nothing in the holidays, but its best to do like 4-6 hours a day for 2 weeks (10 days total - have the weekends off), and then relax the rest of the holidays

but it really isn't crucial for a high atar at all

naila

HSC
honestly there is no right amount for everyone, it depends on the individual

you can still get 99.95 doing nothing in the holidays, but its best to do like 4-6 hours a day for 2 weeks (10 days total - have the weekends off), and then relax the rest of the holidays

but it really isn't crucial for a high atar at all
fair enuf ty

conjc

HSC
I'm kind of loosely following my timetable. I have 2 hour periods but only 3 classes a day so I manage to get a fair bit done. I'm doing less for certain subjects like engineering studies and more for maths, physics and economics because they can take some time to understand topics.

Generally end up doing 4-5 hours per day (not on weekends) trying to build a general understanding of what comes ahead and doing a couple of questions rather than trying to fully understand a topic

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
imo:
one topic of math; example: integration for 2u/3u, vectors for 3u and proof for 4u
a qte table/base essay for eng for your next assessment and/or creative
do a decent chunk of a module for sciences
do a large chunk of your major
and do some revision bcz foundations are important and you don't want blind spots

acc looking back that's a lot but some may not be relevant

conjc

HSC
imo:
one topic of math; example: integration for 2u/3u, vectors for 3u and proof for 4u
a qte table/base essay for eng for your next assessment and/or creative
do a decent chunk of a module for sciences
do a large chunk of your major
and do some revision bcz foundations are important and you don't want blind spots

acc looking back that's a lot but some may not be relevant
This is making me rethink my plan of a general understanding for upcoming topics.

Would it be more beneficial to go more in depth if I know what will be assessed for an upcoming task? For example my task 2 for 3u and 4u is an assessment rather than a test and I have access to past papers so I know what will be tested.

Should I be trying to get a base understanding of a lot before we cover stuff in class or should I go more in depth for the next 1 maybe 2 topics because that will help in the upcoming task?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)