Stupid English! (1 Viewer)

Dr_Gorgeous

HSC
Does anyone else find that thanks to 6 years of analyzing films, books, poetry, etc, they can't enjoy the simple beauty of written or visual media without wondering what it is trying to portray?

Last edited:

PunkeysDillemma

YES!! But I find after some analisis I tend to enjoy (Mainly films) better because I like some of the symbolism it portrays

Alaranth

I actually really like analysing stuff. No don't hurt me! Seriously, I love watching something, once to get an dea of it, and then again to work out how it made me feel the way it did. I especially love doing that with kids movies, like The Lion King. For example, why is Scar evil? Well obviously he has a black mane, and a scar on his eye, and he's thin and talks in an almost hiss. But one thing I think is really interesting, in that respect, is that he is the only character with an english name! Is that a comment on western influence? Probably not, but it could be! :)

**blu_rose**

HSC
yeah i actually agree with u kyroth. its kinda interesting to understand what the director was actually trying to convey and realize what everyting symbolises
but dr gorgeous is also right cuz ever since i've been learning to analyze movies, i do it with everything i watch now and its kinda annoying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)