stupid mistakes (1 Viewer)

lozzipops_87

HSC
how do you prevent yourself from making silly mistakes, and i know you will probably all say just do heaps of past papers, but i do, and i still make silly mistaKES, for example, i was doing a multiple choice and i got one wrong because i didnt cube the answer, i squared it. Im getting in the mid seventies at the moment for maths, but i should be getting in the 80's or 90's because all my mistakes are stupid ones. I dropped down from 2 unit so i should b going alot better. anyone have any adivce????

PC

HSC
N/A
The best advice I can give is to do lots of past exam papers. But apart from that, try to take your time. If you're calm and relaxed about each question you'll probably cut down on the number of silly mistakes, simply because you're not rushing madly through the paper.

Sure ... taking more time during a test will reduce the amount of time at the end of the test that you have to check through your work, but I reckon that by that time, you'll probably not be all that interested in critically reviewing your own work.

Think about allocating time to each question. The recommendations are 30 minutes for multiple choice and then 20 minutes per question. You might have made up your own to allow time at the end or something like that. Stick to it. Chances are you may not need the whole time for the question, especially the early ones, so take your time and make sure you get the easy ones right. Use a bit of time at the end of each question to check your work before you move on to the next question.

And finally ... be confident! At least you know that your main problem is silly mistakes! At least you know your work and you don't have large slabs of work that you need to learn!

Good luck ... and do lots of exam papers! :)

HSC
PC speaks the truth, take your sweet ass time for now, make sure and check every single aspect, if you feel at all you did a dodgy job, re do the question

^___^
HSC
double check - redo the questions if you have time.
use a bit of common sense - if they ask a probability question, and your answer turns out to be 1.5, you know something is wrong
practice - as others have put, praice makes perfect, the more questions you do, the less mistakes you make
relax - the more nervous you are, the more mistakes you will make, whether it is writing the wrong number, or making the wrong decisions

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Read and reread....do, then check and recheck....
but only if you have the time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)