stupid mistakes!!! (1 Viewer)

izi

HSC
but in all the assessments i have done so far, i have made so many mistakes especially in maths tests and they all add up to a lot! like from 95 down to 85!

spice girl

magic mirror
my tutor recommended me to, when you write each line, check that it follows logically from the previous step before you continue on. It might take a little longer to do the question, but it's better if it works for you.

Idunno, i've never tried it.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
na, the 1 + 1 = 1 question i did was like in a polynomials question and i was working out co-efficients or something.. it was like A + B = 1, and i already knew the value of A was one, but i said B was 1 instead of 0 or just something stupid like that

Morgues

I think silly mistakes are unavoidable especially in extension 1 where you are working at a fast pace
the trick is to make sure you write down your working so that you only lose the 1 mark or so when you make a silly mistakes

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Im in y11 so I can only share prelim stupidity :p
Uhm my problem is that even when I have time to go back and check my answers again... I'll do it twice... and there were 3 marks worth that I did not see.. despite checking twice... so I've got real issues.

mannnnndy

chocoholic
in my chem trial i did a question worth 3 marks right the first time, then as i sat there and thought about it i decided 2 change one of the values, i dont know why ne more, at the start of the question to a wrong value so the whole question was totally stuffed. i do stupid things like this a lot. very annoying.
i think all of us here need professional help of some sort:p

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
here's a stupid mistake.... MINAI!

that was a joke. you may use it.

I worked out the common ration as 3, but i copied down the next question as 4

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
also, i forgot my +C

I went thru the whole paper during the exam, and i thought i added every plus c on the intergration question. But when i got it back, i'd missed out on one of them

izi

HSC
that is absolutely shocking

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah but in the HSC they dont take marks off for the lack of +C in simple indefinite intergal questions (where the +C is relatively useless)

Chelsea

I believe (and my teacher agrees) that it would be better to spend the remainder 5-10 minutes on checking over the early work unless you're an Ext. 2 student. Basically the 7th question is put in the exam to differentiate the 3 Unit people from the 4 Unit people so it isn't expected for 3 Unit people to get question 7 right. I personally suggest doing the first part to question 7, which doesn't take long, and then look at the remaining parts and write down any working out that you can get down (really quickly!) to see if you can get any marks! But really, question 7 is always way too hard and takes ages to do, so it's not really worth it!:p

enzi`

i second that bit about q7. but you should also usually do 7 b) i) because it is usually as basic as the first question on the whole paper!

and as for stupid mistakes, I tend to make more on 2U papers than 3U, because i think it's gonna be more difficult in 3u, and spend more time, but in 2U I race thru it to get to the interesting questions at the end and I skip lines of working *slaps self on wrist* ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)