Stupid stuff you've written? (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

Ok, early on in the course our teacher handed out a lot of sheets on writing, etc to everyone in the class regardless of what medium they were doing (as all but two are doing short stories anyway), and asked us to do the writing exercises that were in them. They were all "write a paragraph on..." or "write a paragraph using...".

Anyways, have you guys done anything like this? If so, what have you written?

Here's some of my stuff. Please keep in mind that I was being totally not serious.

(The quote is the activity. The stuff in bold is the original paragraph.)

Use the above activities to change the following, very dull paragraphs, into something far more creative. Feel free to add detail! You should find your new paragraphs are much longer.
It was a beautiful summer's day. The big dog ran across the road. Its coat was as black as night. It was hungry and thirsty. I went towards it.

'Twas a bright and, surprisingly, sunny morning, with the sun shining, causing the brightness of the day to become evident. It was a day of such beauty where it was hard to supress the urge to go and frolic with the fairies and gingerbread men in fields of daisies. Fortunately for me, I didn't need to supress that urge, as one of the Hounds of Hades bounded across the road. OK, OK, it was a black labrador loping across the road... towards me. I would tell from the motions of its lope that it was hungry and thirsty, and being the animal lover I am, I strode to meet it. I would nourish the beast with my flesh and blood if need be. Who needs an arm and bodily fluids anyway?

The boy walked through the park. He was cold. He began to get scared. He turned back.

As he walked through the Antarctic "nature reserve" he began to get an inkling of fear. He wasn't scared of the cold, but with a bladder as full as his, he didn't want to take any risks. It was one of those days where you had to pee real quick. Whip it out, do your stuff, and whip it back in before you end up with an icicle pokin' out of your pants. The throught of stabbing someone in the leg had always frightened him and he began to wish he was back home on the can where he could take his time. As these thoughts ran through his mind something clicked, and he turned back towards his home.

There was more which I might post later, but due to lack of copy/paste I lost the other one I did.

Anyways, what stupid stuff do you guys have?

chandelier

jhakka said:
It was one of those days where you had to pee real quick. Whip it out, do your stuff, and whip it back in before you end up with an icicle pokin' out of your pants. The throught of stabbing someone in the leg had always frightened him
That’s quite… interesting…I guess it goes to show that only a guy would be able to write like that
We haven’t done any sort of writing exercises, that might have something to do with the fact that we don’t have classes, I’ve been counting and I would say all in all I’ve met with my teacher 3 times throughout the year. All in all I’m not sure if I feel deprived or happy.

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
chandelier said:
That’s quite… interesting…I guess it goes to show that only a guy would be able to write like that
We haven’t done any sort of writing exercises, that might have something to do with the fact that we don’t have classes, I’ve been counting and I would say all in all I’ve met with my teacher 3 times throughout the year. All in all I’m not sure if I feel deprived or happy.
i've actually had extension lessons where i am the only one who has bothered turning up
that includes the teacher

(although there is only one other person in the class.... but the teacher damnit!)

in reply to the actual thread... i haven't done any writing exercises, but most of my stuff is pretty stupid anyway

zerzillia

We had something similar but more technical.
It was a worksheet of some sort and it asked questions like "what influenced your writing?" or "what are you interested in?" etc. (i forgotten the exact questions but it's still in my journal......)

The question that strike me as odd is "what is your email address?"

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
we had a flash writing thing. Just had to write. we came into room, teacher goes, write me something right now.

lol, my one turned out surprisingly good. In fact, i'm only on 6100 words now, I'm seriously thinking of turning my stupid piece into a real 4u story thingo. :p
^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)