SUBJECT CHANGE HELP!!! STRESSING ME OUT! (2 Viewers)

HSC
So right now I'm doing:

English Advanced
Ext English
General Maths
Legal Studies
Modern History
Ancient History
Music 1
SOR 1

I'm doing 14 units and I need to drop something.
Here's my problems:
Maths is my weakest subject but General Maths seems to be pretty easy at the moment so I don't know whether I should drop it or keep it.
I also want to do Society and Culture but if I do that, I have to get rid of Ext English and SOR 1 (it doesn't work with the time table)
It's compulsory to do religion, so if I get rid of SOR 1 for Society and Culture, I'll need to get rid of Music and do SOR II
Finally, I topped my year in music last year, but I'm not so good at theory and I don't know whether I want to stress about music in year 12, when I could just be doing music ensembles and lessons for enjoyment.

I've talked to my parents about Music and they have no idea what I should do hahaha, so could you please help me!!!

findx

HSC
seems like a complex situation.

number your subjects from 1 to ... from favourite to least favourite. then decide

delian

HSC
N/A
If you enjoy music, and are good at it (sounds like you are), then do it.

HSC
I'm doing 14 units and it's a big workload and I want to be focused a lot on each subject rather than a bit....if you understand. And I don't have any free periods. I know they aren't necessary but I do want them.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm doing 14 units and it's a big workload and I want to be focused a lot on each subject rather than a bit....if you understand. And I don't have any free periods. I know they aren't necessary but I do want them.
I did 14 units and I did fine.

- If maths is your weakest subject, drop it.
- If you like S+C and SOR2 more than Ext. English, Music and SOR1, then you take it.
- If you don't like music, drop it.

If at any point in the year you find you don't want to do a subject anymore, drop it.

HSC
Well I don't know if I like S & C more than English, Music and Religion because I have never done Society and Culture before but I'm going to talk to my parents! hahaha.
Thanks so, it's made it easier for me to understand whether I should do the subjects or not! :)

Kamal15

HSC
Well I don't know if I like S & C more than English, Music and Religion because I have never done Society and Culture before but I'm going to talk to my parents! hahaha.
Thanks so, it's made it easier for me to understand whether I should do the subjects or not! :)
If you can't find any reason to separate those subjects and decide which one to drop then just consider what I have below.

Yeh personally I reckon just drop General Maths. I know we all say that scaling doesn't matter and you can get any ATAR with any combination of subjects, but that largely only applies to subjects which are 'mainstream'. Check out the tables on the UAC site, no mark in General Maths is going to help you achieve that 99.7 ATAR you are aiming for.

HSC
I think I'm going to drop maths and change to society and culture. I'm starting to doubt (which I shouldn't) that I'm going to get 99.7 with the subjects I am doing.

Kamal: How did you go so well!? omg!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)