Subject Help (1 Viewer)

svad

HSC
Hi everyone!!

So last year our teachers did a shit introduction to yr 11 & 12 subjects. They told us 'scaling is a myth' and 'not to worry about it'. Im in yr 11 rn and im regretting my subjects SO MUCH its practically tearing me apart. I chose some subjects that scale rly bad and could effect my ATAR for the worse, but is it still possible to get a 90+ ATAR with these subjects?

Maths Advanced
English Advanced
Physics
Design Technology (I usually get 90+ in my assessments)
Studies of Religion 1 (Compulsory)
Hospitality VET (Scales like shit)
Software Engineering (I'm probably going to drop for yr 12)

I regret not taking Ext 1 math :((. I'll probably do a bridging course or smth.

liamkk112

HSC
Hi everyone!!

So last year our teachers did a shit introduction to yr 11 & 12 subjects. They told us 'scaling is a myth' and 'not to worry about it'. Im in yr 11 rn and im regretting my subjects SO MUCH its practically tearing me apart. I chose some subjects that scale rly bad and could effect my ATAR for the worse, but is it still possible to get a 90+ ATAR with these subjects?

Maths Advanced
English Advanced
Physics
Design Technology (I usually get 90+ in my assessments)
Studies of Religion 1 (Compulsory)
Hospitality VET (Scales like shit)
Software Engineering (I'm probably going to drop for yr 12)

I regret not taking Ext 1 math :((. I'll probably do a bridging course or smth.
yeah its very possible lol
although it scales badly, that just means you need to get a higher mark - but because lower scaling subjects are meant to be easier, that shouldn't be impossible (the whole point of scaling is to make all subjects equal, not to make one subject better than the other, not to say this is always true in practice but yea)

even if u get low band 6 - high band 5 in everything, u should still get 90+, so very achievable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)