• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subject Selection: business studies?? (1 Viewer)

Jasmeen

HSC
hi,
i hav subject selection soon and am wondring if i should do business. i've heard its pretty easy....is it????

Beege

HSC
it is but there is so much content to know so if u can remember heaps u will find a home in this subject. Plus this subject will teach you about how a business operates which will help you in employment later in life.

dogdogdog

HSC
I' like to take it but may have to do it by correspondence which could make it hard. But it shouldn't be too hard.

williamc

HSC
The content in Business studies is easy to know, and sometimes general knowledge. ALTHOUGH for exams you need to use KEY business terminlogy (off syalbus) in order to get the higher marks. With such a huge amount of content (5 large topics) you really need to study quite hard, to be able to know every dot point, and be able to write on each. Cramming for this subject doesn't work as well as in say economics.

If your willing to even put 1hr a week of study for this subject(more near exams), have your concise dot point notes, you should do very well in the subject.(band 6)

rachaelemma

HSC
if you know your text book for business studies you will do okay

it is not the most intellectual subject

summermagic

HSC
It's pretty easy to learn, but there's a lot of content involved. I like it because it's easy marks!

parts

HSC
Maths level doesn't really metter, most calculations in HSC economics and business studies subjects are pretty basic.

I have done both these subjects and found business studies to be a little more 'exciting' if i can call it that. I also found business studies not to be as hard as economics.

In saying that I also enjoyed economics although at times I did find it boring, but it does have some interesting areas and it opens your eyes to see how the economy works at both marco and mirco levels and all the things that play a role in the economy such as the government, interest rates etc.

It is your decision to make like everyone else has said. I would however suggest business studies if you really need someone else input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)