• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

subject selection help !! (legal/bio/history/ex1) (1 Viewer)

HSC
so subject selection yk and im so confused on what to do or like if i might ruin my life by picking smth wrong. (in a sense picking a subject with and overload of work might cause my others subjects to drop.)

currently i have mx1 (3u), eng adv (2u), physics (2u), chemisty (2u), which i know i will definetly be taking. (9u altogether)

then im not sure if i want to do legal or bio or a history (preferably ancient) or ex1. if someone has done a subject could they give me an honest opinion on what THEY felt about it, because i just want to know which on could benefit me the most or compliment the subjects i have.

pls dont say like 'do whatever you want' because everyone has been saying that to me and im grateful they're being supportive but i honestly need to choose between them for the good of my future. i lwk want to get into med or engineering or maybe aviation tbh. maybe even law if i feel like it.

thankyou !!

garymanoj

HSC
Hey
Make sure to choose either legal or ancient history
Remember u need 4 subject areas in order to recieve an atar and by picking bio, you will only have 3.
i do legal and it is quite content heavy and u do have to memorise a lot terms and cases, it is totally different to your normal HSIE subjects, the method to write essays is something that everyone will learn from the start
ancient is a bit more chill, but you do need to be good at source analysis and essays, i don't take it but i have heard that it is a fun subject
hope this helps!!!

wildwestworm

HSC
I'm doing legal studies and biology right now and I really like them, especially legal studies. It's really interesting and I don't think the assessments are too bad or demanding, I think you'll enjoy it if you want to potentially do law. I did ancient history in year 11 and I enjoyed it as well, but I enjoyed the content in legal studies more and found ancient history to be harder since the primary sources were a lot older and required more research imo. If I was you, I'd pick legal studies 😊

qweeosh

HSC
if you're interested in Law then do law, since you're interested in the career then you probably be more "enthusiastic" (?) towards the subject and will most likely do better in it in comparison to history.

HSC
Hey
Make sure to choose either legal or ancient history
Remember u need 4 subject areas in order to recieve an atar and by picking bio, you will only have 3.
i do legal and it is quite content heavy and u do have to memorise a lot terms and cases, it is totally different to your normal HSIE subjects, the method to write essays is something that everyone will learn from the start
ancient is a bit more chill, but you do need to be good at source analysis and essays, i don't take it but i have heard that it is a fun subject
hope this helps!!!
ohh i did not know that lol. i thought that if i picked bio id still have atleast 4 subject areas.
thankyou for the advice!!

HSC
I'm doing legal studies and biology right now and I really like them, especially legal studies. It's really interesting and I don't think the assessments are too bad or demanding, I think you'll enjoy it if you want to potentially do law. I did ancient history in year 11 and I enjoyed it as well, but I enjoyed the content in legal studies more and found ancient history to be harder since the primary sources were a lot older and required more research imo. If I was you, I'd pick legal studies 😊
did you pick legal studies with business or smth? or just only one humanities?

HSC
I picked only one humanities, kind of regret it now since I enjoy humanities the most 😭
tbh i feel like humanities is really my favouite and best subjects, since i love history, and business and society, but where i want to go in life is not related to much of that.. which is kind of sad tbh

wildwestworm

HSC
tbh i feel like humanities is really my favouite and best subjects, since i love history, and business and society, but where i want to go in life is not related to much of that.. which is kind of sad tbh
Yeah I love humanities too! But when I picked my year 12 subjects I was planning on doing med so I picked a lot of STEM subjects😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)