• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subject Selection...Help (1 Viewer)

John

Hey, I have a question to ask and I ask that someone give me a definate answer if they are pretty sure because I need to know this. Ok, If I want to be a computer Programmer, or Computer ENGINEER, Which subject would I need to do? Physics or Chemistry...I'm not sure which one is needed so it would be appreciated if someone could tell me which one I have to do, Thanks...

Winston

HSC
omg this is like the 4th thread dammit

Recommended studies is Physics!...

and 3 Unit Maths,
2 unit Advance English would help as well

thats the basis , and should suffice for this course

Kn1ght_M4r3

why would physicz have anything to do with it?
i know we learn about transistors and shit in the physicz course but i dont know, do we really need to know about electrons and etc?
CAn someone tell me where this comes in handy?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Kn1ght_M4r3
why would physicz have anything to do with it?
i know we learn about transistors and shit in the physicz course but i dont know, do we really need to know about electrons and etc?
CAn someone tell me where this comes in handy?

i know for any engineering course physics is a pre-req

as i dont do the course but i do see its approach, u gotta understand alot not just programming, engineering has a lot relations to other things, being engineer, is basically making things happen, if sum 1 can think of the idea the engineer can implement it, i mean u cant tell me basically knowing all the logic behind programming and mastering languages would suffice for engineering, as engineering is larger projects

thats why im going for computing science which is more for programming as in programs etc...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The style of thinking and problem solving that is required for physics is similar to that required by computer science.

tieki

I'm doing electrical engineering next year (already got a place - yippee!), and need at least a really good mark in 2U maths or a pass in 3U maths, physics, chemistry preferred, and a pass in english and one other subject...doing software and engineering just to back myself up :)

Kn1ght_M4r3

ahh icic.
Okay but even if the style of thinking and problem solving that is required for physicz doesn't really mean u need it, like for example if u dislike a subject u wouldnt give 2 hoots about anything. like i dont like physicz yet i love sdd and i am able to solve the problems faster then i do with physicz.

tieki

The stuff covered in I2I is important at least in electrical eng, probably computer as well...all the stuff about the transistors and current flow and all that...I agree the style of problems in physics is different to engineering, but the content is still relevant, at least is needed as a basis for the uni course...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)