• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Subject selection help :( (2 Viewers)

jane1820

HSC
Whats the scaling for Investigating science and is the subject worth it/’fun’? Also is it hard? Plz i need to know the scaling for investigating its Important

jane1820

HSC
horrible scaling do a "real" science, and I'm not even trying to be mean
Im doing chem n physics but recently im not feeling physics (as in i dont want to continue it) n i dont want to be stuck w it for the next 2 yrs so im asking abt investigating ☹
also a big no to bio i hate it

jane1820

HSC
PHYSICS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Idk w everyone in my skl (yr 11 physics now yr 12 class of 25) failing it kinda demotivated me also on my last physics test i didnt study for it n i got 36/48 so it also demotivated me (ik that since i didnt study i shouldnt be comparing my ‘ability’ but idk kt just demotivates me)
dykwim?

carrotsss

HSC
Idk w everyone in my skl (yr 11 physics now yr 12 class of 25) failing it kinda demotivated me also on my last physics test i didnt study for it n i got 36/48 so it also demotivated me (ik that since i didnt study i shouldnt be comparing my ‘ability’ but idk kt just demotivates me)
dykwim?
physics is harder than other subjects it’s ok to get lower marks, the hsc system and scaling accounts for this

finwand

HSC
Recommendation for extension science over investigating. Heard it's like a SRP

v.tex

HSC
honestly investigating looks pretty fun, but yeah the scaling on it is awful

Do take scaling into account but don't let it be the deciding factor.

Doing physics rn and tbh i do not like it very much, i find it harder than ext 2 math atm

jane1820

HSC
physics is harder than other subjects it’s ok to get lower marks, the hsc system and scaling accounts for this
yh ive heard that a lot but idk wouldnt it be better to do a subject u know ull enjoy/do good regardless of the scaling instead of relying on the scaling?

carrotsss

HSC
yh ive heard that a lot but idk wouldnt it be better to do a subject u know ull enjoy/do good regardless of the scaling instead of relying on the scaling?
just forget about scaling or “doing well”, the system is designed to be fair, do whatever you’ll enjoy more and then put effort into it

thegoat2024

HSC
was thinking of doing modern but my english skills r so bad its not even funny 😭
debatable opinion but IMO if u fill your subjects with writing heavy subjects u force yourself to get good at english and that will help your english mark. just year 11 is enough to completely flip your writing skills, it's worth giving it a shot, it could change your whole perspective on writing subjects.

jane1820

HSC
debatable opinion but IMO if u fill your subjects with writing heavy subjects u force yourself to get good at english and that will help your english mark. just year 11 is enough to completely flip your writing skills, it's worth giving it a shot, it could change your whole perspective on writing subjects.
its a bit risky thats all

HSC
honestly investigating looks pretty fun, but yeah the scaling on it is awful

Do take scaling into account but don't let it be the deciding factor.

Doing physics rn and tbh i do not like it very much, i find it harder than ext 2 math atm
it gets way worse i'd honestly suggest dropping it if ur struggling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)