• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Subject Selection problems (2 Viewers)

mtsmahia

HSC
Hi guys,

Is it possible to get a ATAR of above say 98, with subjects like Mathematics, Advanced Eng, Physics, Chem, Business ? I am contemplating dropping Ext 1 Maths, but will not do so if it is needed to acheive a 98 + Atar.
Is it harder get a high UAI without 3unit in my situation ?

Thanks ! :D

danal353

HSC
it's not so much the dropping ext1 maths that's the problem - it's the business studies (scales like absolute crap).

danal353

HSC
that said, do really, really well in business studies and you'll be fine - the top mark in the state last year was 99, which got scaled down to 97

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
if u do shit in 3 unit, its not gonna help u at all. so if u r really bad at 3 unit, then drop it so u have more time to spend on other subjects.

its a matter of how well u do in your other subjects, not just 3 unit.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Theoretically any ATAR can be achieved with any subject combo.

Depends how bad is bad for 3U - if you reckon you can manage 50+/84, keep it as it'll make your aim easier.

But if not/if you hate maths, just stick to 2U. Oh and at the very least, aim to get a low band 6 in business :)

mtsmahia

HSC
Theoretically any ATAR can be achieved with any subject combo.

Depends how bad is bad for 3U - if you reckon you can manage 50+/84, keep it as it'll make your aim easier.

But if not/if you hate maths, just stick to 2U. Oh and at the very least, aim to get a low band 6 in business :)
Well im ranked around 42/120, but i was wandering if it would end up being counted or not, cuz if it isnt then its not worth it.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Well im ranked around 42/120, but i was wandering if it would end up being counted or not, cuz if it isnt then its not worth it.
Ah i see. Well, we can only tell if you give us the ranks and rough % of your other subjects lol.

shady145

Banned
HSC
same subs as me ^^ (besides the english)
ya anna covered it
business studies is easy, just like any subject, learn the content and you will be fine...
and with maths, understand concepts rather than route learning... that way u cant be suprised like many people in this years 2u exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)