Subject selection workload (1 Viewer)

Joosh_N

HSC
Hello everyone!!
As subject selection for yr 11 are coming soon for me, I was wondering about what is the realistic workload for the subjects i am thinking of doing, as well as how realistic it is to getting a 90+ atar with these subjects.

My subject choices right now is currently:
- 3u English
- English advanced
- 3u math
- Math advanced
- Economics
- Business
- Chemistry

In year 12 i plan to drop either business or economics.
Thank you :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your subject selection features some content-heavy subjects and subjects that involve significant writing. These include English Advanced, English Extension 1, Business Studies and Economics. Depending on your ability to study numerous concepts and write multiple essays and reports, you may find that a significant workload would come from those four subjects. On the other hand, the rest of your subjects are more numerical/scientific. Given their lower number as part of your subject selection compared to your other subjects, and depending on your ability in maths and science, Mathematics Advanced, Mathematics Extension 1 and Chemistry could impose a slightly lighter workload.

Overall, your current subject selection does not feature a light workload. However, I believe that it would still be manageable, at least during year 11, during which you should carefully consider the best subject combination to have as you approach year 12.

In terms of the ATAR, you can definitely achieve a 90+ ATAR with these subjects (or any other subjects for that matter) as long as your performance is of a consistently high standard across your subjects. Doing so will require you to study regularly and prepare for your assessment tasks and exams in each of your subjects to the best of your ability.

I hope this helps! :D

HSC
Do you know which career path you are interested in taking? Knowing this is ideal for choosing suitable subjects.

Also make sure you are willing to do and enjoy all these subjects - Knowing whether a subject combination lands a good ATAR or picking subjects purely for prestige/high-difficulty is useless if you wouldn't be able to pay attention in class and motivate yourself to prepare; and ultimately succeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)