• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Subject Selection (1 Viewer)

bobos2

HSC
I was wondering if i could get some advice on my subject selection.And get some comments on people who have already done or are doing the courses im interested in.

My school has a miniumum and maxiumum of 12 units; in yr 11.
Since Im definitely doing 3u maths, i have to do a 1u course. And the only ones my skool offers are studies of religion or ext 1 english. I dont know which one!! I mean, ok. At english, i JUST got an A for my english report by one mark. But Studies of Religion...I dont know..

Well. Apart from that, im doing physics, english adv, maths 3u for sure. that means 5 units left, and then take away 1 for studies of religion, or ext 1 eng....so i have 2 subs left....and heres the list im intersted in. i can onli pick 2 of them...

Society and Culture.
Community and Family Studies
Eco
Business Studies
Modern History
Biology
Ancient History
Engineering Studies (vaguely interested in this one)

And if u could, could u plz put the pros and cons of each one if youve done it?

Thanks!

HSC
bobos2 said:
I was wondering if i could get some advice on my subject selection.And get some comments on people who have already done or are doing the courses im interested in.

My school has a miniumum and maxiumum of 12 units; in yr 11.
Since Im definitely doing 3u maths, i have to do a 1u course. And the only ones my skool offers are studies of religion or ext 1 english. I dont know which one!! I mean, ok. At english, i JUST got an A for my english report by one mark. But Studies of Religion...I dont know..

Well. Apart from that, im doing physics, english adv, maths 3u for sure. that means 5 units left, and then take away 1 for studies of religion, or ext 1 eng....so i have 2 subs left....and heres the list im intersted in. i can onli pick 2 of them...

Society and Culture.
Community and Family Studies
Eco
Business Studies
Modern History
Biology
Ancient History
Engineering Studies (vaguely interested in this one)

And if u could, could u plz put the pros and cons of each one if youve done it?

Thanks!
u posted twice.. do u have a idea of what u want to be ?
might help you decide which two subjects you want to take..
just gotta say engineering studies is heavy theory..

also if u do modern or ancient..you might as well just do one of these
and do an extention

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)