• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subject Suggestions????? (1 Viewer)

turbomedi344

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I've apparantly got in B.Sci (Adv) at usyd and im not sure what to study

i mean, can anyone here recommend any subjects they've studied and liked?

any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Also i didn't do biology during hsc (did phys + chem) if i would like to pick biology up should i enrol for a bridging course to help me?????

Thanks for any of your suggestions!!!!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Any particular majors which have caught your eye?

In regards to biology, I did first year biology without doing any during Year 11 and 12 but I was still able to cope with it. As long as you study well, I don't think a bridging course is necessary.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Hey, you seem to have done the same science subjects as me at high school.

I actually did the bridging course before my 1st year, but it turned out that it had almost no use anyway - in 1st year especially, even if they say you need whatever band in high school bio, they anyway teach you all that is needed in the course. So don't worry about it, you'll be provided enough resources in the end.
I did just fine in BIOL1003 and even the infamous MBLG in the second semester without high school bio (and the bridging course wasn't of much help anyway).

In my 1st year, I didn't continue on Physics, but it sounded like it's heaps of maths so it didn't sound bad (well, to me). But some people might get tired with it then! (since some maths is already compulsory)
But Chem, I did, and it turns out that uni Chem is totally different from what you'd expect at high school in that it's much more conceptual and difficult (although this should really have been the case even at high school, BoS made the curriculum 'dumb.'). But lots of things require 1st year Chem as a prerequisite later on so you'd still want to do it in most cases.

Anyhow, you gotta choose your own subjects as you'd know what you're interested in best yourself. Have a look through possible majors and research prerequisites for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)