• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Subjects for uni? (1 Viewer)

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
Hello,
Hmm afew of the courses i been looking into for uni starting 2009 all say assumed knowledge for 2unit maths , chem and physics..... but i dont do any of those at school i do other science and gen maths..... so i dunno what i can do really, am i still able to apply for the courses?
I was thinking about some sort of medicine course like optometry,biology or patholgy......

any advice?

mcs-one

Grease Bucket
HSC
you just do whats called a 'bridging course' were u learn basics of the subject u havent done like a wk or 2 before uni starts

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
I do science at uni (biology as the major) and only did general maths, bio and chem in the hsc. I guess depending on the uni, but i know at wollongong, at some stage (preferbly ur first session) you do math151, which is essentially hsc level maths, and as for chem the whole hsc course was basically covered in the first 2 weeks, but bridging courses are on offer. I guess just suss out what uni you are after and have a look at the degree outline on the website

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
it'll just be more challenging for you if you don't do any sciences.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
MysticalElement said:
Hello,
Hmm afew of the courses i been looking into for uni starting 2009 all say assumed knowledge for 2unit maths , chem and physics..... but i dont do any of those at school i do other science and gen maths..... so i dunno what i can do really, am i still able to apply for the courses?
I was thinking about some sort of medicine course like optometry,biology or patholgy......

any advice?
Hey, i was just interested in why you have swung towards the science end of things???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)