• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

subjects problems (1 Viewer)

mingdfdfd

HSC
Hi all ~ I'm new in this forum.

Now I am in year 12 and going to do HSC in 2005 ~

I am looking forward to study in NSW/ Syd /UTS uni
I want to get in computer science/ engineering or computer science or mechanical enfineering

sybjects I am doing now is:
| ESL engilsh| 2U maths| IPT | SDD |Physics

but I did badly in 2U maths around 25~35% (I hv never pass the test)
I did so badly~ so I think i will be sent to general math next term

Is there any hope that i can get to subject I want in uni ?

Sorry about my bad english since I am ESL~ plz correct me~

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Im not sure about the other unis but you require atleast 2 unit maths to do computer science @ USYD. But even if you dont do it in the hsc you can always do a bridging course

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
yes, as Super_Pig and acmilan have said, you'll need to do at least 2U/3u maths for your HSC, or you'll have a hard time catching up in uni.
If you came from China (I'm just guessing here), 2U maths should be alright for you (because it's likely you would have built a solid foundation already) if you do lots of practice questions. Get a tutor if you need to. Good luck :)

mingdfdfd

HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
yes, as Super_Pig and acmilan have said, you'll need to do at least 2U/3u maths for your HSC, or you'll have a hard time catching up in uni.
If you came from China (I'm just guessing here), 2U maths should be alright for you (because it's likely you would have built a solid foundation already) if you do lots of practice questions. Get a tutor if you need to. Good luck :)
Yes u r right ~ i am from hong kong but I am just bad at math

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
oh right.. very extensive description for a friend id let them work out their own problems lol
but yeh most degrees like that require maths so you would be better off putting in extra work now to do well (eg a tutor) to avoid doing it all later
just do consistently (and well) in all of your subjects throughout the year and you shall be rewarded with a good uai

Generator

HSC
N/A
Personally, with marks such as that I wouldn't take the risk of pursuing a degree with a sizeable maths component.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
mingdfdfd said:
Yes u r right ~ i am from hong kong but I am just bad at math
practise makes perfect. i'm probably a hypocrite by saying this because i'm extremely lazy, but i'm sure everyone would agree with me that practice is the key.

there are a lot of past papers available on this site too. have a look around :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)