suffering in chemistry (2 Viewers)

royaaran

HSC
OMG..im in year 12 and i hate chemistry!!! Is anyone else having trouble?? I just failed my half yearly exam!!!
And the shit thing is if i want a UAI then i have to do well in chem coz i only got 10 units thanx to photography which dooesnt count!!!

Does any1 else suck at chem?? Or does any1 know how to get better? Or does any1 want to kill themselves wiht me??

taki999

HSC
Im sure doing more work on chem would help you. After all when you start achieving good marks you start to appreciate the subject. I used to hate bio but after doing more sheets i understood more and now think bio is alright..

So really...study a bit more and if you really hate it remember you only got a few months till you finish your HSC :D . Hope this helps you.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
There's no magic solution. You simply have to do more work, and this is especially so if you only have 10 units. No one can wave a wand and make things happen. You have to put in the effort and make it happen. Best of luck,

I_F

Riviet

HSC
N/A
In Chemistry, or any of the sciences in general, you really need to understand the concepts, not just rote learn. If you don't understand something, ask your chemistry teacher and study your textbook. If in further doubt, you can always post your queries in the Chemistry Forum.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i struggled through chem ALL the way through yr12 and it did fairly badly for my UAI because like you i only had ten units. if i had put my head down and just learned it then i would've been fine. however if you really really really hate it then just do ridiculously well for every single subject and hope you don't bomb out in chem too badly.

(sidenote: i had a thirty mark difference between my highest mark and my lowest which was chem in the HSC)

royaaran

HSC
Thanx for all ur comments, i will try some of ur ideas

but overall..in conclusion.....................................im screwed :|

great..

Addictd2

HSC
chem's pretty good to me. i get all the stuff and ive been interested in science for like ages. my math tutor says chem is just memorising the stuff. theres not a heap of calculations or ne thing like that, i think all you need to do is memorise all the stuff under the syllabus and it be alright. yea i hate how some subbys arent counted. coz i have 11 units so all my subjects will count except for half of one. maybe get a tutor or something......constantly go on the chem board?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if you grab all the concepts and get everything then you will enjoy the subject
if you dont get any of it or dont understand anything, chances are that you'll hate the subject
dont think its too late to get some tutoring

P

pLuvia

Chemistry is that bad, in preliminary I absolutely detested it, but now it's pretty interesting

Monstar

HSC
im having my half yearly..in 1 week and i only have 11 units. So basically, i cant afford to fuck up.

Get a tutor man or study more.

first topic is a bitch cause its all memory, but acidic evironment is so easy..good luck man

Last edited:

gracie007

HSC
get a tutor, now. seriously they help soo much if u have a decent one.

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
Yes i suck at Chem too... just failed the half yearly. Made up my answers. Anyway, i`d like to take up your offer of killing ourselves together.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i didnt do as well at chemistry as i would have liked in the first term of yr 12. So i decided to work hard at it and got a band 5.

Chem is a subject u really need to work hard at in order to understand it fully. it's like learning another language at times.
If u give it the time, u'll get the results.

Also, have confidence and have fun, it will make a huge difference.

k_stroud22

UAI 2006 83.70
HSC
hey. as the others have said, if you put in effort and pay attention in class, you'll do ok! last year, in year 11, i was coming last (or close to it) in my class out of about 25. this was when i got a wake up call and reallly applied myself. i'm coming 2nd in my class now, and my 1/2 yearly is on friday. also those revision guides like excel, macquarie (what i use) are good, as well as asking your teacher with ne problems you have. godd luck.

royaaran

HSC
lol i know thanx. I know your all right about studying harder, i just think i dont want to admit it. But i am gonna try

Ronco

HSC
N/A
i can't stand it sometimes. everytime i think i do well on a test, i don't and i work hard in that class. it is really the only class that i work hard on. i just don't get it sometimes, i do all my work and pass with that and i answer all the questions in class, but i suck at tests. boo to chem

Vaishali

HSC
damn it!! chem is the most boring subj after maths. the calculations are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tough for ME.
i just cant understand how am i going to do all this.
even i have only 10 units and HAVE to do well in chem.... but ...
rather i would prefer to hang to death now than failing in chem
i am doing pretty well in the class., but when it comes to exams..... none of teh smart answers strike to the stupid mind!!
ready to die??? my half yearly chem exam is on 5th aprill.... 2 days to go and i havent studied a damn thing!!
god bless me!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)