suggest any tips for revising? (1 Viewer)

MiSSi

hey, i always do bad in my maths exam. any hints on how to improve for the hsc or even studying techniques?

Johnny Corrupt

i find it hard to study for maths too. I just read though the text book and do all of the examples at the beginning of the questions and then do all of the questions in the chapter review at the end of each chapter.

Alot of people say that it is good to go though passed exam papers...

- JC

Gelapo

Have you tried getting a list of all the topics and going thru each section, doing a cupple questions(not everysingle one, just a cupple easy, medium and hard ones) ? I've tried that, it kinda helps but sumtimes I get daunted by how long each section is, I dunno I kinda have to force myself 2 get into study mode but yeh that used 2 be my technique.

Now I'm gonna try sumthing else - get a trial exam or any other exams, go thru it and with each question ( straight after solving them), go to ur textbook and do sum Questions that are similar to that question in the exam,
*duz that make sense?*
Anyway I dunno if that'll work 4 u or me cuz I havn't got into study mode yet (4 maths) - its justa suggestion.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Try practising questions, the ones that you have the most troubble with. Ask your teacher for help..a lunchtime or two a week for help from them. get a tutor, they are always helpful.

Try to make topics and sub topics of maths. Put in forumlaes and a few questions to jump-start your memory when you see them. :) good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)