• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Suggestions for organisation? (1 Viewer)

trying2motivate

HSC
Hey everyone, im beginning year 12 next term and i was wondering whether anybody has any particular techniques they use to keep organised in relation to notes, study and bookwork. Id like to make an attempt at being very studious in yr 12 because i think i havent done a good job of that in yr 11 and id like to achieve the best marks i possibly can. Any comments or ideas would be much appreciated :)

Tu17

Latte addict XD
HSC
Rofl, i feel the same way man :p i honestly need to improve next year.

jessdoit

HSC
Wow brilliant ideas Without Wings o_0!

My contribution would be to maybe colour co-ordinate your subjects? Like I just finished buying folders to match my subjects recently for Year 12... and I plan to use them to hold either homework that needs to be done or assignments that need to be done and drafts and stuff...? Class sheets too since I have a terrible tendency to lose those.

Here are my colour co-ords : )
English-- brown
Maths-- purple
Economics-- green
Legal Studies-- pink
Society & Culture-- sky blue

IceOnFire

HSC
For each subject I have:

- An exercise or work booklet to write classnotes and answer questions
- A binder with loose paper to take notes on everything that the teacher says. It can get very messy.. ;)
- And finally a plastic sleeve binder to put all the notes that are given by the teachers, or any other loose papers.

Also I type up my notes each week according to the syllabus.

Well, at least I try to keep organised.. :)

trying2motivate

HSC
thanks guys! some of these ideas are really great! Im sure to take on board some of ur methods.. im inspired by ur organisation :) :)

*emi*

HSC
i REALLY need to get organised...
planning to have a massive folder for each subject at home, and carry one folder around school, and each week empty out massive folder into seperate subject folders at home

my dilemma is - i know its good to make study notes at the end of each week so that the information is fresh in your mind so you can write detailed notes on it

but i learn by writing notes.. so is it better to write notes at the end??
any ideas, or suggestions to learn my notes as the year goes WELCOME!

and also regarding extra research from places such as state library and uni libraries for subjects - do i need to start that at the beginning of the year or wait until closer to hsc??

ARGH - year 12 in less that 3 weeks
anyone else scared?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
*emi* said:
i REALLY need to get organised...
planning to have a massive folder for each subject at home, and carry one folder around school, and each week empty out massive folder into seperate subject folders at home

my dilemma is - i know its good to make study notes at the end of each week so that the information is fresh in your mind so you can write detailed notes on it

but i learn by writing notes.. so is it better to write notes at the end??
any ideas, or suggestions to learn my notes as the year goes WELCOME!

and also regarding extra research from places such as state library and uni libraries for subjects - do i need to start that at the beginning of the year or wait until closer to hsc??

ARGH - year 12 in less that 3 weeks
anyone else scared?
I have folders for every subject, folders for all of the HSC trial exams i have, one for assesments, im trying to colour code stuff at the moment. I have piles of notes for most of my HSC subjects im running out of room. I prefer to use other peoples notes and add to them. I have a library card for Sydney, State library, North Sydney, TAFE and Macquarie research is needed to do extremly well in humanites such as History Extention, Modern, Ancient, Legal, etc the girl who topped legal went to macquarie every week. But www.questia.com is the best resource.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)