• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Bonna

Andoria
HSC
Hay ppl.. im new here..
I went to see art express the other day.. and I freaked!.. I gotta do something like that in a few months!.. well I was wondering what ideas or past works people have done..
my orginal idea was a white angel (life) comming out of a black wall (death) with a whole black and red grusome cavity on her chest with ribs.. no heart.. and a deamon.. (suggesting how cold life can be). The angels face will be covered by hair and hger dress blowing in the wind too. It will probably me life size.. with a chicken wire skeleton and paper mashe or a plaster cast and only the cavity will be painted..
thoughs?.. something more to add?.. any past work suggestions greately appreciated!

up_in_surfers

HSC
That sounds great, i really like your idea. but think of it my way, sure your doing this for your HSC to get a mark, but personally its for yourself and its yours only. at the end of the day no one can really get inside you and know exactly what you wanted to do or how much emotion you put into it. so as long as your happy with it, than thats all that matters. plus, i think if i saw it i would love it and i think that some works at artexpress are crap.

Bonna

Andoria
HSC
thanks!.. :eek:
somethigns were awsome!.. there was a girl who was swtiching from Anime to real life.. AMAZING stuff!

winicat

HSC
don't compare your own work to what is in art express!!! you'll only get down on it all. just go through the process of creation and develop all your ideas and techniques, etc. properly IN YOUR OWN STYLE and you'll create a fine end product. if you don't get in art express, no biggie - clearly the markers are idiots and have no idea of your true artistic talent ;) i wrote that in my VAPD last year and my teacher laughed at me :( ... :D

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
winicat said:
don't compare your own work to what is in art express!!!
I totally agree! I did that for a while, and I got hooked on the concept that my work would never be good enough for AE.
Markers are looking for something UNIQUE and different. They've seen the typical concepts, childhood, seven deadly sins, the fear of death, my immortal...that kind of stuff.
My concept was really strong cause it was weird and although I don't think my work portrayed it v. well I still got a good mark. Btw, my concept was: a series of self portraits in uncomfortable positions, in a character from a play. It was a portrayal of my passion for theatre, the discomfort, the risks we take to create the perfect character.

Btw, I got over the comparing, and my work got into the Touring Exhibition...its in Newcastle I think at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)