Suits (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Do you think a guy could get away with wearing a cheapish black suit/tie/hat/sunglasses at uni? - Im thinking blues brothers. Or would this be considered utterly bizarre and ensure a lonely life and sad death?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Iron woman said:
Do you think a guy could get away with wearing a cheapish black suit/tie/hat/sunglasses at uni? - Im thinking blues brothers. Or would this be considered utterly bizarre and ensure a lonely life and sad death?
i think no one would really care. there are people at uow who were much more bizzare things than that and i (and no one) gives a shit.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Does it count if it looks like you're imitating someone though?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Iron woman said:
Does it count if it looks like you're imitating someone though?
no one likes a style poacher
be slighlty original... you want to show your inspiration for it, not show that your copying it

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
That's what i was thinking...
Wouldnt it be cool to be able to wear say, a Captain's costume though? Im thinking Master and Commander...Run people through with my cutlass at will

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Iron woman said:
That's what i was thinking...
Wouldnt it be cool to be able to wear say, a Captain's costume though? Im thinking Master and Commander...Run people through with my cutlass at will
im thinking that wuld scare people... i mean im all for individuality and going against the grain but a captains costume??? you might be stretching it :)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
*Runs through*
But seriously, clothes do make(th) the man (visa versa), but some of the clothes today are so mediocre. I need power in my fashion. Bring back the heels and shoulder pads I say.

kaylz

HSC
please don't. unless you're hot. even then, only one item. blazers are hot. shirts are hot. hats can be. so can sunnies, as long as you have good hair. hat and sunnies together are wrong though.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
kaylz said:
please don't. unless you're hot. even then, only one item. blazers are hot. shirts are hot. hats can be. so can sunnies, as long as you have good hair. hat and sunnies together are wrong though.
the girl likes what she likes.
originality is dope! huge big ghetto warrior internet props for original idea
NB I AM NOT GHETTO

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Need good hair to wear a hat? But does anyone agree that clothes lack power anymore...at least for our demog.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
why would you want to wear it to uni? they would look a bit dressed up

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Power...Maybe I could pretend to be from Duntroon. "Hello, Major-General Alex here, your country needs you to marry me sweetheart"
"Oh you wicked, charming man you"
It's fool proof!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
It would almost definitely incite several 'what a tool' looks from those around you.

DjSmiG

HSC
i wear suits and it pulls the chicks, i aint go to uni though me and friends go to city and pick up good fun, msg me for a pic ladies:p

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
It would almost definitely incite several 'what a tool' looks from those around you.
Hence the cutlass.

But I feel an air of change around campus. People want to look more conservative and powerful. There is a need today, breathren, a sore need to feel important. We live in an age where communication has reached its zenith, yet we've never before been so lonely. Throughout the land, the valley of this great nation, there are those who choose to fight; who choose to take up the noble cause with open arms and measuring tape. Though we be few, we be mighty. We few, we brave few who look back to the golden age of men's wear in the 40s, 50s and 60s and say YES, That's for me. No more shall we hide in the shadows of thongs and jeans. Too long. Too looong have we been silent. Are you lonely?, Are you sad?- I understand -- people in the streets, call you outcasts? low lifes? Sub-class, under-class, you're no good - you're nothing? I understand! And where ever you are tonight, in the colleges, at home, with those who bring you down - KEEP HOPE ALIVE! KEEP HOPE ALIVE! Keep hope alive.

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
Iron woman said:
Hence the cutlass.

But I feel an air of change around campus. People want to look more conservative and powerful. There is a need today, breathren, a sore need to feel important. We live in an age where communication has reached its zenith, yet we've never before been so lonely. Throughout the land, the valley of this great nation, there are those who choose to fight; who choose to take up the noble cause with open arms and measuring tape. Though we be few, we be mighty. We few, we brave few who look back to the golden age of men's wear in the 40s, 50s and 60s and say YES, That's for me. No more shall we hide in the shadows of thongs and jeans. Too long. Too looong have we been silent. Are you lonely?, Are you sad?- I understand -- people in the streets, call you outcasts? low lifes? Sub-class, under-class, you're no good - you're nothing? I understand! And where ever you are tonight, in the colleges, at home, with those who bring you down - KEEP HOPE ALIVE! KEEP HOPE ALIVE! Keep hope alive.
why dont you just wear nothing... thatll turn some heads.

X

xeuyrawp

Iron woman said:
Need good hair to wear a hat? But does anyone agree that clothes lack power anymore...at least for our demog.
No, I'd say they're more powerful than for our parents and their parents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)