• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

summary length? (1 Viewer)

Im almost finished my ancient summary for my trial on Tuesday.
We've done:
Society : Minoans
Personality Hatshepsut
Historical Period New Kingdom Egypt to Thutmose IV
Historical Period Amenhotep III To Ramesses (which we've only done up to Horemheb)

My "summary" is 20 A4 pages hand written, which i rekon is tto long but I cant cut anything out, its all seems so valuable !! lol!

How long is everyone elses?

classics_chic

HSC
my summary lengths

You need to bring it down more than that, but you can have a summary and a summary of a summary, you know.

What I did, and it worked for me, was summarised to about 20 pages for each topic (I was and am slightly obsessed with ancient), then I summarised each syllabus point into one or two words, and from that I could remember the vast majority of the stuff I'd learnt (in my case, hundreds and hundreds of pages of stuff). It's a tried and true technique: it works for most people, if you do enough study to remember that much.

Good luck!

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
mines about 10 typed pages for everything, cept Hatshepsut is 8, and Rome was like 15....woops.....

Meh, if you learn from really short summaries, best to shorten, but hey, if you dont, no point really/

Is it 20 pages each or 20 pages for all?
Because if its only 20 peages for all, i think you've done pretty wwell!!

Ive finsihed it now
22 pages for all for topics, mostly quotes or paraphrasing from historinan and archaelogical sources. It seems like ao much stuff to remeber tho, with so little time to rember it.
But its all gold, I can cut any out. lol just me whinging

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)