• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Summer Jobs (1 Viewer)

KnifeySpoony

HSC
So ive basically finished year 10, i'm 16 and school's over in a week or two, and i realised that i need funds heh =/
Anyway where can i look around for jobs in the summer? i've tried hippo.com.au and there really isnt much there, and other job sites don't have a category for "summer" and casual no experience, so i don't really know where to look =/
any tips?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
well the xmas hiring period is over but you could still try going to your local shopping centre and handing in a few resumes/asking around. woolies and coles seem to hire on a regular basis.

rossverg

HSC
Yes go to www.wowcareers.xom.au..... Woolies still have a few xmas positions going around..

And do wha the person above said - just hand your resume out to some shops in your local shopping centre.. Chances are some will still be looking to hire someone. You could also try myCareer or CareerOne but not sure how helpful those would be. Good luck!

lala2

Banned
HSC
You should be able to find work with a fast food place very easily because you're under 18 and cheaper to employ. You could also try places like Woolies, Coles, anywhere they want juniors to work the tills (even a pharmacy--I've seen plenty of pharmacies who want juniors to work the tills but will not take me because I'm a pharmacy student and too expensive to employ) you'd probably get the job pretty easily as well.

HSC
rossverg said:
Yes go to www.wowcareers.xom.au..... Woolies still have a few xmas positions going around..

And do wha the person above said - just hand your resume out to some shops in your local shopping centre.. Chances are some will still be looking to hire someone. You could also try myCareer or CareerOne but not sure how helpful those would be. Good luck!
Just before you follow the link lol --> www.wowcareers.com.au

Also there are definately shops looking for staff still. On my short walk through my local shopping centre I saw four signs on stores looking for casual staff...I think they were Cotton On, Telstra, a takeaway store and Donut King.

Evilo

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
well the xmas hiring period is over but you could still try going to your local shopping centre and handing in a few resumes/asking around. woolies and coles seem to hire on a regular basis.
agreed, you're a bit late, but you'll get a bit of casual hours here and there. No doubt they'll just "drop you" after the xmas period though. Apply to as many shops as possible, dont just rely on one shop (even if they say they will hire you)

I spoke to a 2IC about 3 weeks ago at BWS (told him i was looking for a job), he said they were "desperate" for workers and the manager would get back to me asap. 2.5 weeks later (after i regained my old job at liquorland) bws calls me wondering if i can have an interview. Im thinking "no thanks, i've only been working fulltime for 2.weeks already!".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)