• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Summer School (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i was wondering which uni's offering summer school and links are grateful.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
theone123 said:
can anyone do it or does it have to be enrolled students.
Anyone can but for it to count towards your degree and as credit you must make sure the unit is identical to the one that your required to do. You need to ask your department for that.

It's also more expensive.

^___^
HSC
natstar said:
I think you have to pay full fee for summer school, am I wrong? You would just have to apply for it to be credited towards your degree

diff unis have diff policies

i've heard UNSW can count summer school to hecs?? althought it is still expensive

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Most unis charge a lot more for summer school and it usually not under HECS either. I think UTS is one of the few unis that charge the same amount for a subject done in summer school and it can also be deferred under HECS (well I'm not sure about the former). That would explain why the subjects are always full within hours of enrolment opening! However, I believe its only for current UTS students doing courses there, so it probably doesn't help anyone here.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
UNSW does count towards hecs..

Usyd sooo full fee :(
i heard the case somewhere usyd is also hecs somewhere i forgot...

summer school is typical to be expensiver because of holiday loading, who would wanna teach in summer holidays, to be honest? thats why they charge more and a lucrative salary is given to the staff.

^___^
HSC
theone123 said:
i heard the case somewhere usyd is also hecs somewhere i forgot...

highly doubt it

usyd's summer school cost a fair bit, most likely the most expensive out of MQ, UNSW, USYD,UTS and UWS

stazi

Nightman
HSC
usyd is full fee. but you can use fee-help to defer it. i'm hoping for a scholarship :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
santaslayer said:
UoW offers HECZ for summer. I don't think it's any different in terms of price.
hmmm...maybe i could do summer school at a HECS uni. that's an idea. then i could just get credits transferred

stazi

Nightman
HSC
could someone link me to uow summer school?
can't seem to find it anywhere

santaslayer

HSC
stazi said:
could someone link me to uow summer school?
can't seem to find it anywhere
It's all over the uni's website. :)

http://www.uow.edu.au/student/summer/howtoapply.html

Cross Institutional Students (students from other universities)
If you are seeking to undertake a Summer session subject at this University to count towards a degree program at another University (ie cross-institutional enrolment) you must submit an application form with relevant documentation to the Academic Registrar's Division by the 21 November 2005. Application forms are available on the web, at the Student Enquiries counter, ground floor Administration Building or by telephoning (02) 4221 3927.

Please note, University rules, as stated in the University of Wollongong Handbook, also apply to cross institutional applicants. If you are under exclusion from this university or any other university, you may not be accepted as a cross institutional student, unless given approval by the Academic Senate. Acceptance as a cross institutional student does not give any guarantee of future admission to an award course at this University.

You must provide a letter from your home institution stating that the subject(s) being undertaken at Wollongong will be counted towards your award course at that institution. If this letter is not forwarded to the Academic Registrar's Division at this University before 28 November 2005 full non award fees will apply (see Fees information below).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)