• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sun-major - LOTE (1 Viewer)

momokoro.boo

HSC
N/A
Hi, few questions to ask

I am going to sub-major in LOTE
just want to know is it possible to study a subject from LOTE- 8CR and 3 other subjects from my major - total (3x6)18CR
Then, I will be doing 26CR per semester :eek: Is it possible to have 26 CR instead of 24CR per semester?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
How many subjects can I register for?
Local students must register for a minimum of 6 credit points (generally one subject) and a maximum of 24 credit points (generally four subjects) per semester (Summer Session is a maximum of 12 credit points/ two subjects). The only exception is if a student is on Leave of Absence. One or two subjects are classed as 'part-time' and three or four as 'full-time'.
Source:UTS Faculty of Business website

So my guess is that generally no you can't, however you may apply through e-student for permission to go over the given cp limit if you so wish. Your request will then be assessed on things like your performance so far and how much you wish to go over the limit etc. I've heard permission isn't that hard to acquire - I believe that bored of studies member goan crazy obtained it to study an extra 6 cp subject (which he later dropped).

momokoro.boo

HSC
N/A
kami said:
Source:UTS Faculty of Business website

So my guess is that generally no you can't, however you may apply through e-student for permission to go over the given cp limit if you so wish. Your request will then be assessed on things like your performance so far and how much you wish to go over the limit etc. I've heard permission isn't that hard to acquire - I believe that bored of studies member goan crazy obtained it to study an extra 6 cp subject (which he later dropped).
But I will be still taking 4 subjects per semester ... and got 2 CR excess because language got 8 CR per moudule

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)